- Return transfers from Wellington
- Local guide
- Lunch & dinner
- Tasting fees
Wine & Wild Coast TourCombine your love of wine and nature with this full-day tour that takes you through wine country to the rugged Wairarapa coast
- Wine & food purchases
What to Expect
Take an in-depth tour of the North Island's south coast, combining the best nature and wine the region has to offer. Starting in Wellington, you'll drive out through the Hutt Valley for a stop at the Kaitoke Regional Park. Cross the exhilarating swing bridge, and stretch your legs with a loop through the original native rainforest. Then, it's up and over the Remutaka Ranges, with a mandatory photo stop at the Summit.
Descending through the Wairarapa region, there's a quick detour for a cheese tasting at C’est Cheese in Featherston, then a chocolate stop at Schoc Chocs in Greytown. Finally, you'll reach Martinborough, home to award-winning wines, sprawling vineyards, and a sumptuous lunch at a winery restaurant. The region is best known for its pinot noir, so make sure you give it a try!
Will full bellies, the journey continues to the rugged south Wairarapa coast and Cape Palliser. Follow the coast road with its amazing views, and explore the rural fishing village of Ngawi with its iconic tractors hauling fishing boats up the beach. Admire the largest colony of fur seals on the North Island before getting the blood pumping with a climb to the Cape Palliser Lighthouse where you'll be rewarded with epic, sweeping sea views.
Even though it's time to change direction and head back towards Wellington, there's still a couple of special stops along the way. Take a short walk along the banks of Lake Onoke, learning about the history as you watch local fishermen haul in their catch of the day. Then finally, it's time for a delicious dinner at the historic Lake Ferry Hotel, which has been a haven for travellers since 1851. After dinner, the journey continues back trough the Remutaka Ranges, returning you to Wellington at 8 pm.
Where we visit:
- Kaitoke Regional Park
- Remutaka Ranges
- C'est Cheese, Featherston
- Schoc Chocolates, Greytown
- Martinborough winery
- Cape Palliser Lighthouse
- Lake Onoke
- All tour prices are on a per-person basis
- The operator makes every effort to offer the tour as advertised but reserves the right to alter itineraries where required
- Photo ID for 18 years and up is required to consume alcohol – international travellers should take their passport
- Cancellation of confirmed bookings 24 hours or more prior to departure will be refunded in full
- There are no refunds for cancellations within 24 hours of the tour departure
- Tour bookings may be re-scheduled by request if availability allows
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely