- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 3 hr morning tour of Wellington city, seeing key sights like the Beehive, Old Saint Paul’s Cathedral, & Mount Victoria
- Pop into the Wellington Museum & spend time wandering around the Wellington Botanic Gardens
- A 2 hr 30 min Wētā Workshop Experience Tour, discovering the magic behind the movies
- Transport on board an air-conditioned mini-van with expert commentary from your friendly guide
- Convenient pick-ups from selected Wellington accommodation
- Departs from the meeting point at Wellington i-SITE
- A one-way trip on Wellington's Cable Car
What to Expect
See Wellington like a local with a morning tour of the city and all its sights. Departing from the Wellington i-SITE, experience the best attractions and must-see landmarks and get off the tourist trail.
View New Zealand's Parliament Buildings, including the Beehive, a unique structure that houses the Executive Wing of New Zealand Parliament Buildings. Next, pop into Old Saint Paul's Cathedral, a wooden Gothic church that's a popular wedding and event venue with stunning neo-Gothic leadlight windows.
Get back to nature with a wander around the Wellington Botanic Gardens, established in 1844. It's a 25-hectare space that has colourful displays, specialised plant collections, and some of the oldest exotic trees in New Zealand.
Then, you'll have the option to ride the historic Wellington Cable Car (own cost) to the lookout perched above the city. It's a short, 5-min ride with spectacular views. Finally, enjoy even more views from the top of Mount Victoria as you feel the refreshing breeze in your hair.
Along the way, there'll be plenty of photo opportunities in and around Wellington City, with personal tour commentary by your local guide. Plus, if you're not a confident speaker of English, don't worry – the Operator has a state-of-the-art multi-lingual commentary system that caters to Chinese Mandarin, Spanish, and Japanese speakers.
After your morning tour, you'll have time to purchase lunch (own expense) before taking an afternoon tour of the famous Wētā Workshop. This experience showcases the making of movie effects and props, from armour to weapons, creatures to costumes, make-up to miniatures. Meet your guide at the Wētā Cave store to begin your journey through the movie-magic world of Wētā Workshop!
Where we Visit:
- New Zealand’s Parliament Buildings and Beehive
- Old Saint Paul’s Cathedral
- Wellington Botanic Gardens
- Wellington Cable Car (optional)
- Mount Victoria
- Wētā Workshop
- 1 May to 31 August departures may be limited due to a winter timetable
- Limited CBD hotel pick-ups are available – The Operator will confirm if they can accommodate your hotel pick upon receipt of your booking
- All tours are subject to a minimum of two guests
- Cancellations received within 24 hours before tour departure will be charged at full price
- No charge for cancellations received prior to 24 hours before tour departure
- Rydges Hotel (Morning Tour Only)
- Bay Plaza Hotel (Morning Tour Only)
- Bolton Hotel (Morning Tour Only)
- City Life Lambton Quay (Morning Tour Only)
- Copthorne Oriental Bay (Morning Tour Only)
- Distinction Wellington (Morning Tour Only)
- Grand Mercure Wellington (Morning Tour Only)
- Ibis Hotel (Morning Tour Only)
- InterContinental Hotel (Morning Tour Only)
- James Cook Grand Chancellor (Morning Tour Only)
- Novotel (Morning Tour Only)
- Park Hotel (Morning Tour Only)
- QT Museum Hotel (Morning Tour Only)
- Quest Atrium Serviced Apartments (Morning Tour Only)
- Quest on the Terrace (Morning Tour Only)
- Sofitel (Morning Tour Only)
- The Thorndon Hotel by Rydges (Morning Tour Only)
- Travelodge (Morning Tour Only)
- Wellington i-SITE
Reviews for Wellington Half-day City Tour with Wētā Workshop
Get Instant Confirmation