- Cruise to Stevensons Island aboard a 16m luxury catamaran
- Discover the natural beauty of Lake Wanaka
- Make a beach landing and explore the island's hidden gems
- Embark on a guided walk to the island's summit
- Enjoy views of Mount Gold and Mount Burke rising majestically into the Eastern skyline
- Afternoon tea included
Buy as a Gift
Please bring your own bottled water & snacks, camera, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. A warm jacket is advised as cool temperatures can occur at any time of the year.
Why do we love this
This is a beautiful way to see Lake Wanaka and we love the fact that a free nature walk is included! We also think the fact that you get to explore Stevensons Island by water and by land is pretty cool.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Hop aboard! This luxury cruise one of the best ways to experience the scenery of Lake Wanaka. Get ready for beautiful lake vistas and majestic mountain views.
Begin your adventure with a leisurely 40-minute cruise out to Stevensons Peninsula and then head into Stevensons Arm, home to Mount Burke. This is sheep station country, so get ready for views of rolling green pastures before you glimpse incredible Mount Gold and Mount Burke rising majestically into the skyline.
Relax on board the private catamaran as your captain takes you up to Stevensons Island where you'll make a beach landing! Your guide will then take you ashore for the chance to explore. Start with a short hike to the summit of the island and enjoy some excellent photo opportunities along the way.
This is heaven for photographers - a wild and beautiful place, that's been shaped nature over the years. Clear water, smooth rock and twisted trunks meld into a patina of nature's finest backdrops.
Enjoy your time exploring here and soak up the serenity before heading back to the boat. You'll enjoy afternoon tea on your return journey - another outstanding 40-minute scenic cruise back to the Wanaka waterfront.
This is a 2-hour cruise, from 3 pm - 5 pm.
Stevensons Island Cruise & Nature Walk
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Stev Child (5-15):
Stev Infant (0 - 4 yrs):
Where do I meet my boat for my cruise?
Our cruises leave right from the Wanaka lakefront by the old jetty and the log cabin. Just look for a big white catamaran. If you have a phone or GPS put in 100 Ardmore street Wanaka or Google Lake Wanaka Cruises.
When should I arrive for my cruise experience?
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
What should I bring?
Please wear strong outdoor footwear. Wear clothing appropriate to the season and bring a jacket in all seasons. Don't forget your hat, camera, water bottle and a smile!
Can I change my ticket to another day?
We will always try to accommodate your changes of plan. Please contact us by phone or email.
Do you have any minimum numbers for your cruises?
The only cruise that has a minimum number booked to run is the Mou Waho Island cruise and Eco walk. This requires 2 guests booked to run. You will be advised 1 hour prior to the departure time if there are insufficient bookings to run the cruise. If the cruise is cancelled you will receive a full refund.
How many children under 12 can I bring for free?
If you have a big family we fully understand. We allow up to 5 children free per adult. if you wish to bring more than this number please contact us first.
Can I purchase food and drink on board?
Yes, you can purchase non-alcoholic drinks on day cruises and can purchase local beer and wines on the Evening Cruise. You can also purchase substantial food items and wholesome snacks.
Do I have to go on the guided walk?
No our guided walks are entirely optional. You may remain aboard the boat if you wish. A crew member will remain on board with you on all cruises except the Ruby Island cruise.
What is the maximum number of people on the cruise?
We are licensed by Maritime NZ for up to 49 passengers.
Is the boat wheel chair accessible?
We can load wheel chair clients via the front boarding ramp, however, the angle of the ramp is quite steep. The weight of the passenger is therefore a limiting factor.
- Both the Operator and any Agent (including their respective employees, agents, officers and directors) exclude, to the fullest extent possible under law, all and any liability for any loss, damage or injury (whether direct or indirect or consequential, however arising) suffered by the Guest or any person associated with the Guest in relation to the booked activity.
- All activities have elements of risk and all guests undertaking any Activity do so voluntarily and at their own risk. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, all warranties, representations and implied terms are also excluded.
- The Operator reserves all rights to cancel any Activity at its discretion for (but not limited to) any of the following reasons: a) waterway, road or weather conditions; b) lack of numbers participating in the Activity; c) unsuitability of Guest(s) due to reasons such as age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication or any other reasons rendering a Guest unsuitable or unfit to participate in the Activity; d) any other circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of the Operator.
- All Guests agree to adhere to any instructions in relation to the Activity from the Operator at all time. These terms are subject to rights and remedies you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 2003.
No refunds within 24 hours of departure unless the Operator cancels the activity due to waterway or weather conditions. Otherwise, refunds are granted solely at the discretion of the Operator according to the Operator's cancellation policy. Refunds may only be obtained from the Operator. Note that any transaction fees are not refundable.
Modifying or amending booking
All requests for modifications and amendments to your booking must be directed to Lake Wanaka Cruises via email or phone and we will process the request. See the section “Payment & Cancellations” below for additional information with respect to cancelling a booking.
- Lake Wanaka Cruises does not charge a fee to amend or change the dates of an existing booking, as long as the request is received by our team more than three (3) days ahead of your confirmed cruise time.
- All date-change requests and amendments are subject to availability; Lake Wanaka Cruises cannot guarantee the success of any date-change request.
- If you request a date change within three (3) days or less of your confirmed cruise time, Lake Wanaka Cruises will attempt to honor your request; however changes made three days or less from your original cruise time may be subject to an additional fee.
- If you make a purchase using a Lake Wanaka Cruises promotion code, or if you accept a discount or special-offer price during the Lake Wanaka Cruises checkout process, you may invalidate your discount or special-offer price by making any changes or amendments to your itinerary once your purchase is complete. Lake Wanaka Cruises may decide, at its sole discretion, to honour your discount or special-offer pricing if you make a post-purchase change or amendment to your itinerary. However Lake Wanaka Cruises reserves the right to invalidate your discount or special-offer pricing if you make any changes to your confirmed itinerary.
Occasionally we will make changes to cruise dates and times, prices, inclusions, coverage, age requirements, and other Product features and/or requirements. As a result, Lake Wanaka Cruises reserves the right to cancel, change or substitute any service, cruise, ticket or product that you have booked at this Website, at any time, for any reason. In such cases, if you are dissatisfied with the alternatives offered, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price.
Payments and cancellations
When you book a reservation for a Product through the Website, Lake Wanaka Cruises collects your payment information and processes your payment as described below under “Payment Processing”. Lake Wanaka Cruises accepts the following credit cards: Mastercard, Visa. You can also pay by Alipay. There is no charge or service fee for processing credit or debit card payments. Full payment by credit or debit card is required to make a reservation. Payment will be listed as RTBS on the credit or debit card statement.
No refunds are available once a cruise or other product has commenced.
Cancelling a booking with Lake Wanaka Cruises can result in cancellation fees being applied by Lake Wanaka Cruises, as outlined below. When cancelling any booking you will be notified via email or telephone of the total cancellation fees.
- If you cancel at least 30 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is $10 cancellation fee plus any credit card fees and charges incurred by Lake Wanaka Cruises when you booking was made.
- If you cancel between 30 days and 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
The value of the transaction may be subject to taxes, duties, foreign transaction, currency exchange or other fees. Your bank or credit or debit card company may convert the payment into the local currency and charge fees, resulting in differences between the amount displayed on wanakacruises.co.nz and the final amount charged to your bank account or credit or debit card statement. Please contact your bank or card company if you have any questions concerning any applicable conversion or fees.