- 30-minute scenic flight over Waiheke Island
WHAT TO EXPECT
This magnificent scenic flight begins at the Waiheke Aerodrome. As you fly, you'll enjoy incredible views of the island's local beaches, stunning coastline, and abundant vineyards. It's the perfect opportunity to relax, soak up the sights, and enjoy a unique perspective of Waiheke Island.
The flight path takes you over some of the most popular destinations on Waiheke for a bird's-eye-view. This includes the quaint town of Oneroa and its beautiful beach. From there, you'll also see New Zealand's youngest volcano – Rangitoto, with its distinctive symmetrical cone. It rose unexpectedly from the ocean 600 years ago, it's not only the youngest volcano but the largest in the Auckland volcanic field. It sits as an island of its own in Hauraki Gulf, majestically contrasted against the backdrop of the Auckland city skyline.
Next, as you fly along the southern side of the island, heading east, and you'll be able to look out over the oyster beds and mussel farms that provide the delicious seafood that the region is famous for. Plus, but you'll also get views of the private islands of Ponui and Pakatoa, as well as Rotoroa Island, which is a beautiful nature reserve. These three islands sit to the east of Waiheke.
On your final descent, you'll take in the beautiful vistas of Onetangi Beach and its surrounding vineyards, which Waiheke is famous for. This lingering view, combined with the seafood farms, will likely inspire your dinner choices later in the evening!
Where we visit:
- Waiheke Island
- Hauraki Gulf
- Ponui Island
- Pakatoa Island
- Rotoroa Island
- Onetangi Beach
Waiheke Buzz Around 30 Minute Scenic Flight
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
1 Adult + 2 Children:
What should I wear for my scenic flight?
Passengers should dress appropriately for the weather. The temperature in the plane will be similar to the outside temperature. When it comes to footwear, wear something comfortable that you can climb three steps in.
Can I bring my camera?
The planes have large viewing windows that slope out. All passengers are welcome to take videos and photos. However, you must not rest cameras on the glass as it will distort the picture and scratch the glass.
When should I arrive for my scenic flight?
Passengers are expected to arrive at the base 10 minutes prior to departure time.
Are there any weight restrictions?
The operator requires passengers to provide individual passenger weights. If an individual passengers weight exceeds 110 kg please inform our staff at the time of booking.
- Whilst the operator will use its best endeavours to deliver the product or service advertised, they reserve the right to alter the method of transport, route travelled, or services provided for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to weather, aircraft or unserviceable equipment, operational conditions or requirements. The operator will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred as a result of any delays, cancellations or alterations arising from this clause
- The operator requires passengers to provide combined passenger weights. If an individual passengers weight exceeds 110 kg please inform the staff at the time of booking. Failure to do so may prevent your flight from taking place due to weight and balance requirements and may lead to additional costs
- Passengers are reminded that all baggage and personal belongings are carried entirely at the passengers' own risk
- In the event that unsafe weather conditions or unscheduled maintenance cause the cancellation of your flight then you will be offered a refund or reschedule.
- If you choose to cancel your flight, the following fees will be incurred:
- Notice of 5 days or greater – no charge
- Notice of 48 hours to 5 days – 50% charge
- Less than 48 hours or no-show – 100% charge
Read full supplier's terms & conditions