Take on Taupo's most exciting jet boat ride for some high-speed white-water thrills as you navigate narrow canyons and river rapids.
Rapids Jet Boat Ride Taupo Highlights
- Get up to 10% cash back when you book with us
- Exhilarating 35-minute white water jet boat ride along the scenic Waikato River, through narrow canyons & river rapids
- Professionally trained driver
- Life jackets & spray coats
- Departs from the meeting point at 3 Nga Awa Purua Road (off Rapids Rd), Rotokawa
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
- Any footwear (running shoes, jandals, sandals – it all counts!)
- In summer: comfy, light clothes
- In the winter: warm & waterproof layers, although we do have jackets to keep you dry!
- Anyone aged 5 years & up can come for a ride with Rapids Jet! As a rule, children need to be 1 metre tall to ride in our jet boats
- The ride is an experience for people of all fitness levels
- Accessibility: To get onto the boat, you are required to head down 25 steps to our jetty. While this means the jetty is non-accessible to wheelchairs, please reach out to chat about how we can help get you to the boat, & if it’s the right ride for you
Yes, you are welcome to bring one of the following onboard:
- Your handsfree camera. We find Head-Mounts work the best for filming.
- Your mobile phone with a camera. However, for safety reasons, this can only be used when the boat has come to a stop. Your driver will tell you when the perfect selfie opportunity is coming up!
Our custom-built jet boats will be doing around 70 – 80 km an hour on our trip, maxing out at about 90km an hour. Trust us – that’s quick enough!
Reviews for Rapids Jet Boat Ride Taupo
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.