- 35 minutes of an exhilarating Jet Boat Ride
- Ride the biggest commercially jet boated rapids in New Zealand.
- Views of the Aratiatia Scenic Reserve
- Life jackets and Spray jackets
Buy as a Gift
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Rapids Jet is a fun, safe, exhilarating experience.
- Our 35 minute blast will take you up close to the Aratiatia Power Station to the base of the Aratiatia Rapids - New Zealand's biggest and longest rapids that spill from the Aratiatia Dam daily.
- We shoot through the narrowest canyon on the Waikato River.
- We play in the pressure waves of the awesome Nga Awapurua Rapids (river of springs). These are the biggest commercially jet boated rapids in New Zealand!
- Our impressive Chevy V8 jet boats will muscle you up and down these exhilarating white water rapids with ease.
- We do the legendary jet boat spins.
- We'll also take time out to view the amazing scenery of Aratiatia Scenic Reserve's beautiful native bush, steaming hot springs and crystal clear waters. Perhaps spot a world famous Taupo Trout.
There is NOWHERE ELSE to jet boat white water rapids!
Rapids Jet Boat Taupo
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Family Special (2 Adults + 2 Children):
What do I wear?
Summer: shorts, tee shirt, foot wear of some kind must be worn on the boat, sandals, jandals, flip flops, thongs, sneakers, trainers, anything. Bring a change of clothes, just in case you get wet. If it’s a colder day bring a jacket.
Winter: bring warm clothing, a good jacket, woolly hats and gloves are essential, anything water proof is great. Foot wear of some kind must be worn on the boat, sandals, jandals, flip flops, thongs, sneakers, trainers, anything. Bring a change of clothes, just in case you get wet.
Life jackets and spray coats provided and heated boat hand rails.
Can I take my camera on board?
The no cameras policy in place for the last 13 years has been modified to allow Hands Free cameras on the Rapids Jet ride.
The key reason for the ban has been safety. So, the hands-free devices must allow the customer to hold on with both hands entirely throughout the trip. Secondly the camera must not protrude beyond the body’s natural silhouette to ensure that the camera does not interfere with another customers experience. Or pose a threat with protruding objects outside the boats.
We do not allow still cameras, Phones or action cameras unless they are hands free with a forehead or chest mount.
Do you take photos?
Professional photographers go down to the rapids to take approximately 40 action photos while you are on the boat. You can view the pictures when you return to base and they are available for purchase. Upon payment for photos the images are emailed and text to you so you can instantly share with friends and family
Children 5 years old and over must be at least one meter tall to ride.
Open 364 days per year ? closed Christmas day.
Office hours: Summer 9am ? 5pm, winter 10am ? 4pm
Bring warm clothing including warm jackets, hats and gloves for the winter months. Footwear must be worn.
Life jackets and spray jackets will be provided.
Please note that the bookings are processed manually and please chat to us before making the booking or you can book with us and your booking is confirmed only once confirmed by the tour operator.
We advise that all activities do carry a degree of risk & that by participating in the activity provided by the Operator, you are expressly assuming those risks.
Although all care & safety precautions are taken, you ride on Rapids Jet boats at your own risk.
The operator reserves the right to cancel any service as a result of weather conditions, insufficient reservations or any other unforeseen event or circumstances. Refunds are entirely at the discretion of the operator.