- Gain an entertaining insight into New Zealand’s southernmost community!
- Experience Lee Bay, the gateway to Rakiura National Park
- Enjoy stunning views of Paterson Inlet from Observation Rock
- Learn about the area during a guided tour of Oban and its surrounding bays and beaches
Stewart Island Village & Bays TourExplore Stewart Island by minibus on a small group tour!
What to Expect
Stewart Island is an untouched, relaxing, and exotic island in New Zealand. Just a 1-hour boat ride from Bluff, Stewart Island is one of New Zealand's largely undiscovered eco-tourism destinations. It's home to a beautiful network of stunning bays, inlets, golden sand beaches, and densely forested hills.
Stewart Island is 30 km (19 miles) from the southern tip of the south island. Once you're on Stewart Island, embark on this informative tour to gain an entertaining insight into New Zealand’s southernmost community and learn about the history and environment of Stewart Island. Local guides will share their knowledge of the area during a mini-bus tour — you'll have plenty of time to get off the bus for photo stops and short walks.
On this tour, you'll get to explore Oban and the surrounding bays. Be sure to ask your guide questions about the history and environment of Stewart Island. The island offers a special experience — a glimpse into a simpler, slower lifestyle attuned to the natural world of bush and beach. From the 13th Century to the present day, the island's rich resources provide a bountiful harvest for Maori. Unspoiled, incredibly beautiful, and steeped in stories, Stewart Island (known as Rakiura, meaning glowing skies by Maori) is well worth this informative introduction.
Frequently Asked Questions
This tour is suitable for all ages.
- Comfortable walking shoes/boots
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm sweater/fleece jacket
- Insect repellent
- The tour (and associated companies) reserve the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, substitute plant, and equipment, amend specials or offers and alter ticket prices at any time.
- All agreements and contracts shall be subject solely to New Zealand law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts. In the event of a cancellation or amendment to your booking, the notification period is in NZ time (NZST).
- We strongly recommend travel insurance for all our experiences, especially for those that require longer notification periods for cancellation (see below).
- The majority of the tour's vessels and all coaches are smoke-free zones, no smoking will be permitted onboard. Smoking is only allowed in the designated area on our overnight and multi-day cruises.
In the event of a cancellation or amendment to your booking, refunds will only be granted when the tour receives notification at least 24 hours prior (NZ time) to departure date.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely