- Up to $15 per person cash back when you book with us
- Return scenic cruise on board the historic TSS Earnslaw to the Walter Peak High Country Farm
- Entry to Walter Peak High Country Farm
- Gourmet barbecue lunch or dinner at the Colonel’s Homestead Restaurant
- Breathtaking lakeside views
- Entertaining farm demonstration - see the farm dogs at work
TSS Earnslaw - Walter Peak Gourmet BBQ DiningTake a scenic boat cruise to a working New Zealand farm where you will enjoy a delicious buffet meal
What to Expect
Are you ready for a true taste of New Zealand culture? Then this is the tour for you. Visit a working farm outside of Queenstown, New Zealand and enjoy a fresh and delicious barbecue lunch or dinner while you're there.
Tours depart from the RealNZ Visitor Centre, on the corner of Shotover and Rees Street in Queenstown Bay and will transfer you to and from the farm via a vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw. There is a licensed cafe on board the TSS Earnslaw - in case you're in need of any refreshments along the way!
But be sure to save your appetite, because once at the farm, it will be time for you to enjoy a mouth-watering buffet meal at the Colonel’s Homestead Restaurant. As you eat, soak up the picturesque lake views and relaxing ambience of this rural farm.
Either before your meal (if visiting for lunch) or after (if visiting for dinner), you will get to participate in an entertaining and interactive farm demonstration, which includes live sheep shearing and herding, plus much more. It will give you a true glimpse into what life is like on the average New Zealand farm.
Then, it's time to return to Queenstown via the steamship. Tours run daily and depart at 10am or 12pm for lunch and 6pm for dinner.
About the Colonel’s Homestead:
With its colonial architecture and sweeping grounds that evoke the elegance of a bygone era, Colonel's Homestead offers a quintessential Kiwi experience.
The lunch menu has been refreshed with the introduction of the new executive chef. They’ve enhanced the seasonal menu with new salads, vegetables and a variety of succulent meats cooked on the wood-fired BBQ. Seafood is unavailable for lunch, but vegetarian options are available and there are delectable desserts to make room for too.
An entertaining farm demonstration is also included or you can explore the beautiful lakeside gardens.
Note: Menu items are subject to change based on chef's discretion and seasonal availability.
The TSS Earnslaw is under maintenance for a short time period during winter each year (29 May - 1 July 2022) and will not operate during this time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! The restaurant menu includes a range of vegetarian dishes including salads, vegetables, pasta and grain-based dishes, plus dessert.
The scenic cruise from Queenstown to Walter Peak takes 45 minutes and it takes in views of Walter Peak, Cecil Peak and the Remarkables mountain range plus panoramic views around Lake Wakatipu.
- The supplier reserves the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, substitute plant and equipment, amend specials or offers and alter ticket prices at any time.
- In the event of a cancellation or amendment to your booking, refunds will only be granted when the supplier receives notification at least 24 hours prior to departure date.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely