- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A ticket for the 12:00pm departure of the steamship TSS Earnslaw for a leisurely 1 hr 30 min scenic Lake Wakatipu cruise
- An afternoon wine tour of Queenstown's Central Otago wine region
- Visit Gibbston, one of the sub-regions of this stunning area
- Delicious wine tastings at 3 boutique vineyards, with a cheeseboard to accompany one of them
- Take a tour through Gibbston Valley Winery's underground wine cave
- View the AJ Hackett Bungy bridge & Kawarau river
- Transport onboard a luxury Mercedes-Benz minivan, with a full commentary on the wine, sights & early history from your guide
- Drop-offs to selected Queenstown CBD accommodation
- Departs from the meeting point at RealNZ Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, 88 Beach Street, Queenstown
Queenstown Cruise & Wine TourCombine an afternoon of Gibbston wine tasting with a leisurely cruise on the 106-year-old vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw.
- Additional wine purchases
What to Expect
Enjoy a leisurely 1 hr 30 min scenic Lake Wakatipu cruise on the 106-year-old, coal-fired vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw from the Queenstown waterfront to Walter Peak High Country Farm (without going ashore) and return.
Onboard, watch as the crew shovel coal to fuel the ship or visit a mini-museum with a collection of historic photos. Be sure to have lunch on board, enjoying the cafe-style food at the Promenade Cafe and Bar (lunch is at your own expense, and there is no opportunity to have lunch during the wine tour).
After disembarking the TSS Earnslaw, one of the friendly wine guides will greet you at the Steamer Wharf, ready to join a fun-filled afternoon of stunning sights and magnificent wines.
Visit three perfectly selected vineyards, including a guided tour through New Zealand's largest underground wine cave at Gibbston Valley Winery. Sample an array of fine wines and varietals on offer and enjoy a shared cheeseboard accompanying one of the wine tastings.
As you travel, you'll enjoy a full running commentary from your passionate and enthusiastic Wine Guide. Learn about this pioneering wine region and its evolution from just a couple of rows of vines into a world-renowned Pinot Noir producer.
You'll also get to see the thrill of the Bungy as you view the dramatic Kawarau Gorge. It's home to AJ Hackett Bungy jump, so you can watch intrepid jumpers from the viewing deck and feel your adrenaline pump as they plummet from a height of 43 metres!
Where we Visit:
- Lake Wakatipu
- TSS Earnslaw
- 3 wineries, including Gibbston Valley Winery & its wine cave
- Kawarau Gorge & River
Frequently Asked Questions
Bring a camera to snap pics along the way, and dress for the weather conditions on the day. You can purchase bottles of wine from each vineyard, so bring money as well.
- All activities have elements of risk and all guests undertaking any activity do so voluntarily and at their own risk
- All Guests agree to adhere to any instructions in relation to the activity from the operator at all times
- The operator reserves all rights to cancel any activity at its discretion for (but not limited to) any of the following reasons: a) waterway, road or weather conditions; b) lack of numbers participating in the activity; c) unsuitability of guest(s) due to reasons such as age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication or any other reasons rendering a guest unsuitable or unfit to participate; d) any other circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of the operator
Outside of 48 hours before departure
- booking dates can be reissued or changed to a different date or time at no extra cost, subject to availability
- bookings can be refunded less a $10 (per transaction) penalty if booked through the Real Time Booking System. This will be refunded back onto the card payment was made with. Please allow up to 10 working days for this to clear
- Any booking paid by a New Zealand bank account can be fully refunded less a $10 (per transaction) penalty. This will be refunded back into the nominated bank account and will appear within 3-5 days
- Any booking paid by International direct deposit can be fully refunded less a $15 (per transaction) penalty and the amount will depend on the conversion rate on the day the refund is processed. This should appear with 5-10 day
Inside of 48 hours before departure – bookings can not be reissued and no refund will be issued
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely