- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Delicious picnic for morning or afternoon tea
- Local guides
- Visit 5 amazing Lord of the Rings locations
- See some of New Zealand’s most beautiful scenery
- FREE Photo CD – contains 65 images of the area.
- Small personalised groups per guide/vehicle
- Visit to Mt. Aspiring World Heritage Area
- Pick up at all central Queenstown accommodations
What to Expect
Have you always wanted to step into a world of fantasy and magic? Are you a Lord of the Rings fan and want to see all the enchanting scenery yourself? Then you’re going to love this Lord of the Rings tour!
New Zealand is famous for its many Lord of the Rings shooting sites, and you'll get to explore some of the best on this trip. Venture deep into the magical land of Middle Earth on a quest will take you to five fantastic Lord of the Rings locations. You'll discover Isengard, Lothlorien Forest, Amon Hen, and Ithilien with views of Dunharrow and The Misty Mountains.
Along the way, you’ll see some absolutely spectacular natural beauty. The sites of Glenorchy, Paradise, the Dart River Valley and Mt. Aspiring National Park await!
Start your magical journey in Queenstown where you'll begin your journey into Lord of the Rings territory. Every time you step out of the car, you’ll feel like you’ve walked straight onto the set of one of the movies. Take your time and go explore these fantastic places that you’ve seen on screen so many times. If you close your eyes, you can almost see the hobbits walking around next to you!
To make this experience even more special, your guides are on hand the whole time with plenty of interesting stories and secrets from the filming of the movies.
You'll visit Isengard, Lothlorien Forest, Amon Hen and Ithilien, with views of Dunharrow and The Misty Mountains! Take photos and pose as your favourite characters at each spot. In Lothlorien Forest, there's even the opportunity to dress up in Lord of the Ring's costumes!
Between visiting these awesome locations, you'll also see some of the most fantastic natural beauty in New Zealand. This includes an ancient beech forest, braided rivers and glacier-carved valleys. Don’t forget to bring your camera!
Travelling along the country’s most scenic highway from Queenstown to the town of Glenorchy, you'll also experience local culture and history. Located on the shores of the huge Lake Wakatipu, Glenorchy is the best spot to find unique flora and fauna. Explore the area and get up close and personal with both animals and birdlife.
And the fantastic scenery doesn’t stop there. You'll also check out Mt Aspiring National Park which is the third biggest national park in New Zealand. It’s full of unforgettable views and has anything from majestic mountains to river valleys. Wow!
This tour departs daily at 8.00 am and 1.45 pm. Allow approximately 4 hours.
- Visit: https://pureglenorchy.com/booking-policy/
- Cancellations outside 48 hours of departure time receive a 100% refund.
- Cancellations, arriving after the pickup time or changes within 48 hours of departure time receive no refund.
- We need a minimum 2 adults to run a tour. If your booking is for 1 person you will be on standby until more customers book, your credit card will still be charged when you book - but you will receive a 100% refund if the tour does not run and we can't reschedule you. We will contact you as soon as the tour is confirmed.
Reviews for Magical Lord Of The Rings Tour
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation