A sunset kayak tour around the Kaikoura Peninsula
A chance to see dusky dolphins, humpback whales, & blue penguins
Shuttle to location site and return
Kiwi hospitality with a professional guide
Safety briefing & paddle instruction
Traditional double sea kayaks
100% seal viewing guaranteed
Guide ratio 1:8
All gear provided
Kaikoura Guided Sunset Kayak TourPaddle around the beautiful Kaikoura Peninsula as the sun goes down.
- Food and drinks
What to Expect
Kaikoura is world-famous for its sunsets and marine life, so what better way to experience this than by sea kayak! A qualified, local guide will paddle you through areas used years ago by local Maori and early whalers as you watch the sun sink into the horizon. On this tour, you'll have a guaranteed viewing of fur seals and get breathtaking views of Kaikoura Mountains as the light changes towards the end of the day.
Have your camera ready to snap photos of seals diving around and under your kayak! Paddle with them as they swim around the Peninsula hunting for octopus! Along your way, keep an eye out for blue penguins or albatross. You might even have a chance to see dusky dolphins!
The tour's enclosed double sea kayaks are easy to use, stable on the water and will keep you warm and dry. The cockpits are fitted with lumbar support (for your back) and closed-cell foam seats and footpegs for comfort. The tour includes a short briefing at the start of your adventure and includes transport, safety gear, and an enclosed double sea kayak. You'll get a brief introduction on kayaking and paddling and of course, the tour will cover all safety protocols. These professionally guided kayaking expeditions adhere to the highest of safety standards.
This sunset sea kayak tour is an unforgettable experience! It's suitable for children 3 years and older. The tour caters for all abilities — no kayaking experience is required! The guides will teach you everything you need to know! Families, individuals, and groups are all encouraged to join this tour! Don't forget your camera for sunset shots and to capture marine life encounters.
Frequently Asked Questions
Minimum age 3 years old.
This professionally guided kayaking expeditions adhere to the highest of safety standards. This tour doesn't require any previous kayaking experience.
- Water bottle
- Thermal top/fleece/shorts or light pants, e.g. quick drys (Definitely NO Jeans!)
- A cap or fleece hat
- Running shoes or sandals
- A towel
- A camera
- A life jacket
- Spray skirt
- Paddle jacket
- Poggies (like gloves)
- Wet shoes
- Dry bag for your camera
- Transport to and from paddling area
- Spare thermals
- GORETEX dry pants for winter paddling
New Zealand is famous for its four seasons in one day! Generally, if it's raining the tour still proceeds, but strong winds and sea swells can cause the tour to cancel. If you are not sure, please ring the tour 1 hour before your scheduled tour.
- This tour is only available during daylight savings: September-April Departs at 4:30 pm
- Those who cancel within 48 hours of the scheduled trip are not eligible for any refund.
- Refunds are processed on a case by case basis and for genuine reasons only.
- The tour reserves the right to cancel trips due to weather and sea conditions.
- If the tour cancels a trip prior to departure, a full refund is available.
- If a trip has commenced and is subsequently cancelled, participants shall receive a 70% refund.
- The tour is not, in any circumstances, liable for any personal injury or loss.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely