- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Fully guided 2-hour quad bike ride
- No experience needed
- All wet weather gear is provided
Franz Josef Quad Bike AdventureGo off-road on this 2 hour Quad Bike adventure through Westland Tai Poutini National Park!
What to Expect
New Zealand is known for two things: its extreme outdoor adventures and its amazing natural beauty. With our awesome 2-hour guided quad tour, you get to combine both!
Glaciers and rainforests all in one place
The Franz Josef Glacier is located inside the massive Westland Tai Poutini National Park on the West Coast of New Zealand’s South Island. It’s a must-see on any kiwi backpacking trip and words can’t describe how beautiful the area is. Its mix of snowcapped mountains and rainforests is truly unique and can only be found in a handful of other places on the planet.
The national park stretches from the tall Southern Alps all the way down to the Tasman Sea. Not only are the Southern Alps extremely beautiful, they’re also holy to the local Maori people. According to ancient legends, these mountains are their ancestors and have great spiritual significance.
Between the mountains and the coast, you find amazing rainforests, lakes, rivers, and wetlands. Bird lovers come from all over the world to observe the many native New Zealand birds in the area. On our amazing quad tour, we mix this fantastic kiwi wildlife with a nice little kick of adrenaline.
Beautiful view of Franz Josef Glacier
The main attraction of the national park is the world-famous Franz Josef Glacier. It’s 12 km long and stretches all the way from the 3000 m peaks of the Southern Alps down to sea level. The view of the snow-capped mountains and the icy glacier is one you’ll never forget.
Want to hear the best part? You’ll have this fantastic view during your quad ride!
Your quad bike tour
Your four-wheeled adventure starts in the small town of Franz Josef which is located within the Westland Tai Poutini National Park. Here, you’ll be greeted by one of our lovely guides who will be taking you to all the most amazing locations in the area. When you’re ready to get this wild adventure started, you simply hop on your awesome 2-seater ATV quad bike.
Over the next two hours, you’ll see anything from snow-capped mountains to glaciers and rainforests. Your guide will make sure you don’t miss out on anything and get all the most fantastic views. You’ll go through both mud and sand as you explore the natural beauty. Our bikes are built to explore, so hold on – it might get a little bumpy!
Although we have many sunny days here, we also get a fair bit of rain. But don’t worry, that only makes your quad bike more fun! On a sunny day, you’ll have perfect views of the national park and on a rainy day, you’ll have an extra kick of adrenaline. Either way, we promise you’ll have heaps of fun!
- Across Country Quad Bikes reserves the right to make any alterations to the itinerary for safety, comfort or unforeseen circumstances due to causes such as weather, illness or misadventure.
- Participants joining our tours must be aware that in any adventure activity, there is an element of risk involved. Risks in undertaking this activity include personal injury and the loss or damage of private belongings (i.e. cameras, phones etc).
- Please note: Damage to the suppliers Quad Bikes or other equipment will incur costs to you.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations more than 24 hours before departure: no fee
- Cancellations within 24 hours of departure: 100% of the cost
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely