- 20 min scenic flight over Christchurch City
- Transfers to & from the airport
WHAT TO EXPECT
Christchurch is a city of exploration, where urban regeneration, culture, and heritage thrive. It is a city constantly evolving, giving visitors something new to explore.
During your 20-minute scenic flight, onboard your luxury helicopter your pilot will inform and entertain, whilst you take in views of the newest city in New Zealand. See the lush greenery from Hagley Park and the Botanic Gardens to Deans Bush, which is home to native bush forest featuring kahikatea trees that are up to 600 years old.
The central city from above is a mixture of new urban precincts and old historic buildings that have been restored after the earthquakes. You will have a great view of the Christchurch Cathedral as it is rebuilt. Look down on the red zone of Christchurch once filled with homes prior to the earthquakes and now a holistic project to connect people, river, and land, now known as the Otakaro Avon River Corridor project.
Next, travel over the Port Hills into Banks Peninsula to see the splendor of the extinct volcanoes, making up Akaroa and Diamond Harbours. Both are a favourite for recreational boats and fishing.
Finally, take in the coastline view north of Pegasus Bay as you travel over Sumner and New Brighton Beaches towards the stunning Southern Alps and farmed Canterbury Plains.
Where we visit:
- Hagley Park
- Botanic Gardens
- Deans Bush
- Christchurch Cathedral
- Otakaro Avon River Corridor
- Port Hills
- Banks Peninsula
- Akaroa and Diamond Harbours
- Pegasus Bay
Christchurch City Scenic Helicopter Flight
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
- All flights have minimum passenger numbers required for departures
- All departures are subject to change or cancellation if weather conditions are not suitable or if the minimum numbers required for the flight are not met
- Flight times and routes are subject to weather conditions; the flight route may vary due to weather.
- Clients are required to confirm their reservation the day prior to flying
- Individual and total weight restrictions apply to specific aircraft or flights. The pilot will determine the seating of passengers based on the weight and balance restrictions of the helicopter
- No refund will be given for no-shows or changes you make to your booking less than 24 hours prior to departure
- Reservations may be transferred to another date, subject to space availability, with no transfer fee incurred, provided notification is received at least 24 hours
Read full supplier's terms & conditions