- Kayaking and snorkelling
- Opportunity to catch fresh seafood
- Island walk
- Pool table
- Beach games
- Packed lunch included & a licensed bar
Bay of Islands Day CruiseClimb aboard for an action-packed day exploring the very best of the Bay of Islands!
Why do we love this
We love this cruise for the welcoming vibes you get when coming aboard! And because it's six hours of non-stop adventure!
What to Expect
Your Bay of Island Day Cruise starts with an early morning pick up at 8:15 am from Paihia Wharf. You'll be collected by a sea shuttle that will take you to a secluded bay, where you'll find 'The Rock' ready and waiting for you!
After a quick safety briefing, it's time to up the anchor and head out for a day of fun! Try kayaking, snorkelling and paddleboarding, and enjoy taking in the stunning scenery this paradise is known for. As you travel (if conditions allow) you'll gather mussels from the kelp-covered outer reefs to enjoy on your way home!
Throughout your journey, you'll visit beautiful scenic points and will be able to explore WW11 remains and ancient Maori fortifications on an island walk. There's time here for some relaxing too, and you can partake in a game of cricket or beach volleyball!
Making your way home, you'll snack on the freshly steamed mussels you collected earlier. If you're feeling brave, there's also the chance to try raw sea urchins!
As you travel back to Paihia, watch out for the abundant marine and bird life. There's a good chance you'll see dolphins too.
You'll arrive back approximately 3.00 pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
We provide almost everything you need for your Bay of Islands experience. However, we do recommend that you bring along a few personal items...
- Nibbles and snacks (we eat as the sun goes down so this can be late)
- Warm jacket (NZ weather can change quickly)
- Camera (limited charging is available on board)
- Bring just an overnight bag (we have limited space onboard)
- Light footwear or sandals are fine (please NO hiking boots)
- Cash or card (we have EFTPOS)
If you have any special dietary requests or allergies, please advise before you embark on the cruise.
The Rock Adventure Cruise leaves from the main wharf in central Paihia, where all Bay of Islands maritime activities are based from. Please be there ten minutes before pick up time and look out for our sign. Our crew will be there to greet you and take you to The Rock on our tender (smaller boat).
Staying in Russell? Just catch the passenger ferry over to Paihia - it runs three times per hour and takes approximately 15 minutes.
We have a fully-licensed bar on board, with a selection of New Zealand wines and beer. However, due to safety and licensing regulations please do not bring your own alcohol on board.
- All departures are subject to a minimum number of 10 guests being met. Should the minimum numbers not be reached the supplier reserve the right to cancel the trip and offer guests a full refund of the cruise price or transfer to another cruise date.
- All our adventure activities (kayaking, snorkelling, beach lands, treks, etc.) are suitable for persons of good health and they all involve risks. Whilst we do everything possible to safeguard our guests which are beyond our control. The supplier will not be held liable for your belongings and we recommend that you are covered by travel insurance. All departures, activities and itineraries are subject to weather, tides and sea conditions.
- All departures, activities & itineraries are subject to weather, tides & sea conditions. The supplier reserves the right to cancel any departure without prior notice in the interest of passenger comfort and safety.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations more than 72 hours before departure: no fee
- Cancellations less than 72 hours before departure: 100% of the cost
Reviews for Bay of Islands Day Cruise
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely