- English-speaking guide/driver
- Entrance fees and transportation
- For larger groups or guidance in other languages, please ask for a special price offer
One-Day Tour To Melnik From SofiaVisit the city that's famous for its lovely white houses and cobbled streets, mild climate, and wine
What to Expect
Rila Monastery is a UNESCO site and its entire complex is quite impressive for its size and decoration. The monastery’s most treasured historic and artistic monuments include the 14th-century Hrelyo Tower, the five-domed Birth of the Blessed Virgin Church and the original monastery kitchen from the 19th century. The monastery also houses a rich museum collection. Sightseeing with a professional guide of the largest Bulgarian Monastery and its museum will reveal the turbulent history of the monastery.
Melnik is the smallest Bulgarian town, located amidst strangely shaped pyramids of sand and limestone. During the 17th – 18th centuries it became a flourishing tobacco and wine-producing center, whose fame spread to many European countries.
Today, the city is famous for its lovely white houses and cobbled streets, mild climate, different internationally recognized brands of red wine and the nearby Rozhen Monastery, where you will go for a short stroll. In Melnik, you will make a degustation of local cuisine specialties and aromatic brands of wine, that will add extra flavor to the trip.
You will visit Kordopoulo’s house – the largest building in Melnik. It has Venetian stained glass windows, spacious rooms and salons, ornamented murals, a large wine-cellar and iron door from where the caravans with the precious Melnik wine left for Athens, Vienna and Rome.
Starting at 07.30 from Sofia, the journey will end at 19.30 (approximately).
- Traventuria Ltd. shall not be held liable in cases of “force majeure” circumstances, herewith described as events which we or our subcontractors cannot predict or avoid, such as terrorist activity, strike, war or threat of war, riot, civil strike, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, road accidents, traffic jams, vehicle breakdown, etc. Traventuria Ltd. will act and do whatever is possible to the best of its abilities in order to minimize the impact on the clients’ journey in such cases.
- Claims for missed flights, only partially or totally unused other services as a result of such circumstances will not be acknowledged in such cases.
- All cancellations should be made in writing to Traventuria Ltd. on our corporate email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations advised verbally to a company staff (i.e. drivers, tour guides, resort representatives) or in writing to other email addresses will not be considered as valid.
- The following cancellation charges (as a percentage of the total cost, but not less than the deposit) apply for cancellations made by clients for services in Bulgaria, booked through Traventuria Ltd.:
- > 30 days – 30%
- 29 – 15 days – 50%
- 14 – 9 days – 70%
- 8 days or less – 100%
- The following cancellation charges (as a percentage of the total cost, but not less than the deposit) apply for cancellations made by clients for services outside Bulgaria, booked through Traventuria Ltd.:
- > 41 days – 30%
- 40 days or less – 100%.
- For bookings, where a flight ticket is included, the clients should pay the charges levied by the airline concerned.
- If a ground service provided by Traventuria Ltd. is omitted by a client (e.g. transfer, tour, etc.) due to last-minute illness, flight cancellation, etc. this is considered “no-show” and no refund will be made.
- The same rule applies if a client decides to leave the holiday before its end. We will issue all the required documents, verifying the cancellation, which you can use for your insurance company.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely