- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 2-hour Tweed River cruise to try your hand at fishing, yabby pumping & crab catching
- Enjoy a fresh morning tea while you take in the beautiful surroundings
- Bush tucker tasting & informative talk
- Get the chance to feed the pelicans & seabirds
- Fun & informative talks from our experienced guides on the mud crabs, yabbies & fish stocks
- All fishing equipment & bait supplied
- Departs from the meeting point at Pioneer Park, 230 Kennedy Drive, Tweed Heads
Bush Tucker and Crab Catching Adventure CruiseGet ready for a family fun day out on the Tweed River!
What to Expect
Gather up the squad and get back to nature with this 2-hour bush tucker and crab cruising adventure. Learn some new skills with fun activities such as fishing, yabby pumping, mud crab catching and pelican feeding, as well as the chance to try some bush tucker while you take in the peaceful surrounds along the Tweed River.
Providing a fun day out for the whole family, jump aboard the cruise from Pioneer Park along with our experienced river guides who can give you a few pointers while you throw in a line and see who can catch the most fish. Get your feet wet as you walk along the sandbars and shallow waters to pump yabbies, an Australian freshwater crayfish that are active burrowers.
Help pull up the crab pots to see if we caught any mud crabs, then enjoy a short interactive show to learn more about the mighty mud crab. Catch your breath and sit back and enjoy a morning tea while you cruise the beautiful waterways of Terranora Creek.
The last stop is the pelican feeding show, which is a great photo opportunity and an amazing chance to get up close to these large water birds. Learn all about our local waterways and the activities from our fun and informative crew while you enjoy a fun day out on the water.
Where We Visit
- Tweed River
- Terranora Creek
Frequently Asked Questions
For the Crabs and Yabbies Tour, we commence boarding 10 minutes prior to departure. Please present your ticket and payment to the Captain. For the enjoyment of all guests, we cannot delay our departure for any late arrivals. We therefore recommend you allow sufficient time for travel to our location.
All tours operate on NSW time, all year long.
Please note there may be access limitations for guests with mobility issues. We strongly recommend you speak with our booking office prior to your cruise to seek advice. The stairs on each of our vessels can be an issue for some people with mobility issues. We can accommodate wheelchairs up to 63cm only. Motorised scooters are prohibited on board any cruise. Please advise staff of any mobility issues when booking i.e.walking frames, wheelchairs, or guide dogs and we will do our best to accommodate you.
If you have any dietary requirements please advise our booking office at least one week prior to your cruise and we will try to accommodate your needs where possible. We cannot be held responsible for consumption/cross contamination with regards to allergies or dietary requirements. Food allergies must be advised on booking. Vegetarian dish must be pre-booked at time of reservation.
- Cruise operates on Sundays only
- All cruises are subject to weather & minimum passenger numbers
- All cruise departures operate on NSW time (AEDT during daylight savings)
- Customers will receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances
- Cancellations within 7 days of travel will not receive a refund but may receive a cruise credit, to be discussed at the time of cancellation
- No shows will be charged the full price
Reviews for Bush Tucker and Crab Catching Adventure Cruise
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely