- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- Full-day guided 4WD tour to Wollemi National Park in the incredible Blue Mountains
- A guided walk into the famous glowworm tunnels to see these tiny creatures light up the dark
- The services of an experienced Certified Outdoor Instructor, who can also teach you some basic survival skills
- Plenty of wildlife encounters, spotting iconic Aussie animals in their natural habitat
- Water & soft drinks
- Convenient return transfers from selected Sydney CBD accommodation
WHAT TO EXPECT
Nestled deep in the Wollemi National Park, hidden in gorgeous lush green fern forest, is a tunnel filled with the bioluminescent light from thousands of glowworms.
This full-day 4WD adventure from Sydney will take you there, travelling along the Greater Blue Mountains Drive and taking in the scenery on the way. Enjoy the convenience of round-trip private transportation and an experienced guide who'll teach you some general survival skills while you're out in the wilderness.
On arrival, take the easy one-kilometre track through the tall forest, lush tree ferns, and incredible pagoda rock formations. At the end of the trail, you'll find a 400-metre tunnel, initially built for railway use as part of the mining industry at Newnes. Today there are no trains, but instead thousands of glowworms that light up the dark with pinpricks of blue light. As beautiful as it looks, this pretty glow has a more sinister use, acting as a snare for insects for the glowworms to eat.
The cave can be muddy and wet, with an uneven and slippery floor, so you do need to be confident on this kind of surface. You'll get to use a headlamp to help you see, but light, noise, and photos are kept to a minimum around the glowworms so as not to disturb this fragile habitat.
Afterwards, you'll also enjoy the opportunity to see and experience more of the spectacular wilderness areas.
Where we Visit:
- Greater Blue Mountains Drive
- The Blue Mountains
- Wollemi National Park
- Glowworm Tunnel
Wollemi 4WD & Glow Worm Tunnel Adventure Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Is lunch included?
There will be some soft drinks or water, but you will need to pack your own food or buy it on the way. There will be breaks every now and then.
How many people will be on my trip?
Good things come in small packages, which is why the group sizes are small, allowing the Operator to remain flexible as they thread the way through communities without intimidating the locals. On most trips, you'll be part of an intimate group of 4–6 people, though the group sizes are on average 4 people.
What are the physical requirements?
These trips are active in nature and primarily based on physical adventures and a hands-on approach to exploring both wild and remote areas. By signing up for this trip, you agree to have made a realistic assessment of your health. You'll be capable of performing the activities described in the itinerary, not limited to walking/trekking for hours at a stretch, climbing stairs, navigating uneven terrain indoors and outdoors, and are generally fit. Regretfully guests who cannot meet these physical requirements on the adventure cannot be permitted to join. No refund will be made for those unable to carry out the activities described in the itineraries.
- The minimum age is 18 years, while the maximum age is 70 years
- Guests are responsible for respecting the authority and following the directions of the Trip Leader and/or tour guides during the adventure
- You are solely responsible for your luggage and property during this trip
- All participants must complete a medical declaration form
The following fees apply on cancellations:
- 2 weeks and over – no charge
- 7 to 14 days – 50 per cent of your fee
- Less than 7 days – full fee. If you have to cancel last minute, your booking may be transferable
- Failure to show for a tour will result in the loss of the full fee
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- ALL Sydney CBD ,CITY Hotels