- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- 2.5-hour scenic whale-watching cruise to get up close with majestic humpback whales
- Expert commentator providing fun & educational insights into whale behaviour
- Entry to Taronga Zoo including a ride on the Sky Safari cable car
- Return Rocket ferry to Circular Quay or Darling Harbour
- Whale sightings guaranteed or cruise again for free
- Departs from the meeting point at Darling Harbour King Street Wharf 1
Taronga Zoo & Whale Watching Cruise SydneyGet your fill of wildlife encounters combining the wonder of the Humpback Whale migration with a visit to Australia's favourite zoo
What to Expect
Jump aboard the ultimate Sydney wildlife combo! Spend the morning on a spectacular whale-watching cruise taking in the scenery and witnessing Humpback Whales in their natural habitat, before stopping in to meet the animals at Sydney's famous Taronga Zoo including a ride on the Sky Safari Cable Car. Finish your day with a relaxing ferry trip back to Circular Quay or Darling Harbour in the afternoon.
Departing Darling Harbour at 10.00 am, join your whale-watching adventure as you sit back and take in the iconic scenery along Sydney Harbour and head out past Sydney Heads to spot the majestic humpback whales in the wild. Over 20,000 humpback whales make the migration past Sydney every year, making it the ideal spot for seeing these giants of the sea up close.
Operating on family-friendly catamarans, with indoor and outdoor seating over multi-level viewing decks, you will be ensured a great view of all the action while the onboard Marine Naturalist provides expert commentary and insights into the whales' behaviour. We have over 95% whale sighting success rate, but in the unlikely event we don’t spot whales, your whale guarantee ensures you can cruise again in the same season for free on a standby basis (confirmed 24 hours prior and subject to availability).
Disembark your cruise at the Taronga Zoo Wharf to start your afternoon of discovery. Taronga Zoo Sydney has so much to explore with over 5,000 animals from over 350 species in their care, many of which are threatened. Learn all about their incredible conservation efforts and get a deeper insight into the animal's behaviours with a range of free keeper talks and wildlife presentations daily.
Included in your admission is a ride on the Sky Safari, Sydney's only cable car, to get a bird's-eye view of the animal's enclosures and beyond with breathtaking Sydney Harbour views. Once you have finished exploring the zoo at your leisure, jump on a Rocket ferry back to Circular Quay or Darling Harbour.
Where We Visit
- Sydney Harbour
- Sydney Heads
- Taronga Zoo Sydney
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, most of our scheduled cruises are wheelchair accessible. Please call us prior to the cruise to discuss your requirements further.
All dining, sightseeing, and rocket vessels are fitted with toilets
There are strict guidelines on how close vessels of all kinds, from kayaks to cruise boats, can approach whales. It also depends if there are calves in the pod and the number of vessels in the area. As a guideline, the approach distance can range from 100m to 300m. This however does not stop whales from taking matters into their own hands for a closer look at us! At all times, we operate with the safety and enjoyment of both our passengers and the whales.
This is an open water cruise and you will experience sea motion. We recommend you eat lightly before cruising and travel sickness tablets are generally most effective if taken prior to the cruise.
Please dress according to the weather - it will often feel colder at sea. And, don't forget to bring your camera as there will be plenty of photo ops on your cruise and at the zoo! Smoking is not permitted on board.
- Infants 0-4 years travel free of charge unless otherwise stated
- The Operator reserves the right to change the timetable, vessels & increase fares without prior notice, however fully paid guests will be protected at their booked rate, except for fuel surcharges, government taxes or other surcharges
- For bookings with less than 10 guests: cancellation is permitted up to 24 hours prior to travel without penalty unless a change of date has occurred prior, in which case a $20 per person cancellation fee applies
- For bookings with 10 or more guests: cancellation is permitted up to 7 days prior to travel without penalty unless a change of date has occurred, in which case a $20 per person cancellation fee applies
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely