- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Nighttime guided 4WD tour to Wollemi National Park in the incredible Blue Mountains
- A guided walk into the famous glowworm tunnels to see these tiny creatures light up the dark, including use of red headlamps
- The opportunity to spot nocturnal Aussie animals in their natural habitat
- The services of an experienced Certified Outdoor Instructor, who can also teach you some basic survival skills
- Water & soft drinks
- Convenient return transfers from selected Sydney CBD accommodation
Blue Mountains 4WD Night Adventure & Guided Glow Worm Tour Wildlife SpotlightingTake an exciting 4WD trip into the heart of the Blue Mountains at night to spot nocturnal wildlife & see the sparkling lights of the glowworms.
What to Expect
This is truly an extraordinary magical nighttime adventure.
Departing from Sydney, you'll travel by 4WD along the Greater Blue Mountains Drive to the Blue Mountains and Wollemi National Park. Here, tucked away in the lush fern forest, is a tunnel filled with the bioluminescent light from thousands of glowworms. It's like a starry night, but inside.
Take the short 1-kilometre bushwalk along the track, being guided by the red light of your headlamp. The red light won't disturb the local wildlife or glow worms as much while still letting you see sufficiently to walk safely. Along the way, you'll have the chance to spot other nocturnal wildlife as a whole new world of animals awakens at night.
At the end of the trail, you'll find a 400-metre tunnel, initially built for railway use as part of the mining industry at Newnes. However, instead of trains, this tunnel is now home to the glow worms, which light up the dark with pinpricks of blue light. As beautiful as it looks, this pretty glow has a more sinister use, acting as a snare for insects for the glowworms to eat.
The tunnel can be muddy and wet, with an uneven and slippery floor, so you do need to be confident on this kind of surface. Photos and noise should also be kept to a minimum to disturb this fragile habitat.
Enjoy the convenience of round-trip private transportation and an experienced guide who'll teach you about bush tucker and general survival skills while you're out in the wilderness.
Where we Visit:
- Greater Blue Mountains Drive
- The Blue Mountains
- Wollemi National Park
- Glowworm Tunnel
Frequently Asked Questions
There will be some soft drinks or water, but you will need to eat before departure or pack some food to bring with you. There will be breaks every now and then.
Good things come in small packages, which is why the group sizes are small, allowing the Operator to remain flexible as they thread the way through communities without intimidating the locals. On most trips, you'll be part of an intimate group of 4–6 people, though the group sizes are on average 4 people.
These trips are active in nature and primarily based on physical adventures and a hands-on approach to exploring both wild and remote areas. By signing up for this trip, you agree to have made a realistic assessment of your health. You'll be capable of performing the activities described in the itinerary, not limited to walking/trekking for hours at a stretch, climbing stairs, navigating uneven terrain indoors and outdoors, and are generally fit. Regretfully guests who cannot meet these physical requirements on the adventure cannot be permitted to join. No refund will be made for those unable to carry out the activities described in the itineraries.
- The minimum age is 18 years, while the maximum age is 70 years
- Guests are responsible for respecting the authority and following the directions of the Trip Leader and/or tour guides during the adventure
- You are solely responsible for your luggage and property during this trip
- All participants must complete a medical declaration form
The following fees apply on cancellations:
- 2 weeks and over – no charge
- 7 to 14 days – 50 per cent of your fee
- Less than 7 days – full fee. If you have to cancel last minute, your booking may be transferable
- Failure to show for a tour will result in the loss of the full fee
- ALL Sydney CBD ,CITY Hotels
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely