- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us!
- Enjoy a full day on the Outer Great Barrier Reef!
- Step on board a custom-built dive and snorkel vessel that will get you to the reef and back in comfort and safety
- Snorkel, dive, or swim among the colourful fish and marine life
- Experience two world-class reef locations
- Enjoy a delicious full buffet lunch, BBQ, salads, prawns, bread rolls & fruit
- Explore the underwater world during your visit to the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Dive for the first time with an experienced PADI Dive Instructor! Optional Introductory Dives (up to 2) for those who have never scuba dived before
Full Day Snorkel Or Intro Dive Outer Great Barrier Reef - Ex Mission BeachA day exploring the beautiful Great Barrier Reef!
- Merchandise (hats and stubby coolers)
- Extra diving
- Go Pro's
- Alcohol from the fully licensed bar onboard
- Extra snacks not included in lunch
What to Expect
Explore an underwater world during your visit to the Outer Great Barrier Reef onboard Reef Goddess, a beautiful custom built snorkel and dive vessel. This Great Barrier Reef snorkel tour is able to travel to offer different dive and snorkel sites to suit varying experience levels and challenges. They know where to go to find heaps of colourful coral that's perfect to view during a snorkelling session. They also offer a great spot for deeper, more challenging dive sites, which they travel to by tender for advanced dive levels and to further your dive education.
This day trip departs Mission Beach to the Great Barrier Reef and travels to a minimum of two separate outer Barrier Reef sites. The sites are chosen on the day to suit the weather and environmental conditions. The vessel, Reef Goddess was designed with your safety and comfort in mind offering spacious deck areas, hot showers, toilets, a sun deck, and a well designed rear deck for entering and exiting the water.
A professional crew are on hand to ensure your Great Barrier Reef experience is both memorable and educational. During your tour of the Great Barrier Reef, they offer a full BBQ buffet lunch cooked by the ship’s Captain with fresh prawns and complimentary tea and coffee. For this tour, you can choose to include one or two Introductory Dives, if you're interested in learning how to scuba dive for the first time! You'll be with an experienced PADI Dive Instructor and it includes all equipment and onboard training.
8.30am and 9.00am: You will begin your adventure to the Great Barrier Reef from Wongaling Beach where you will board Island Spirit from the beach. This fully enclosed custom built passenger transfer vessel was designed specifically for beach landing. Wear your swimmers as you have to walk through water (up to your knees) to board the vessel! Just a quick 10-minute transfer will land you onto beautiful Dunk Island where you will board Reef Goddess.
9.30am: After introductions and safety briefing from your captain, the tour will depart Brammo Bay at Dunk Island and travel to the East sitting at 18 knots reaching the first reef location in under 1.5 hours. It takes some time to travel to the outer reef but it's well worth it! This is where you'll get better visibility because of the absence of run-off from nearby islands. The outer reef grows from the ocean floor rather than from the islands, forming coral walls and dramatic drop-offs that creates impressive snorkelling and diving. Outer reef sites are home to more hard coral species and larger fish species than the inner reef.
11.00am: Upon arrival at the first snorkel spot, you'll slip into the water and start your Outer Great Barrier Reef experience! Locations are determined on the day to suit weather conditions. You will have an hour to explore this untouched reef with an experienced crew on hand to assist with your gear. A free snorkel briefing will cover what to do and what not to do in the water to ensure your safety and enjoyment at the reef.
12.00pm: Depart for a 1/2 hour cruise to the second snorkel location and lunch preparation.
12.30pm: Arrive at our second location where the ship's captain will cook your BBQ lunch served alongside fresh prawns, salads, and fresh tropical fruit. After your well-earned lunch, you'll slip into the water for the second snorkel of the day. You'll get another hour of learning, seeing, and experiencing one of the worlds natural wonders.
3.00pm: After another hour of snorkelling, your crew will up anchor and travel back to Dunk Island.
4.30pm: Transfers onboard Island Spirit for a quick trip to mainland Mission Beach.
- Full Day Snorkel the Outer Great Barrier ReefFull Day Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Tour. Offering two separate world-class locations and a delicious lunch.
FromAUD $190Check AvailabilityNext available: 21 May 2022
- Full Day Snorkel the Outer Great Barrier Reef: 1 Introductory DiveFull Day Outer Great Barrier Reef Day Trip including 1 Introductory Dive. Dive for the first time with an experienced PADI Dive Instructor! Includes all equipment and onboard training. Minimum 12 years old to participate
FromAUD $275Check AvailabilityNext available: 21 May 2022
- Full Day Snorkel the Outer Great Barrier Reef: 2 Introductory DivesFull Day Outer Great Barrier Reef Day Trip Including 2 Introductory Dives. Dive for the first time with an experienced PADI Dive Instructor! ncludes all equipment and onboard training. Minimum 12 years old to participate
FromAUD $320Check AvailabilityNext available: 21 May 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sun protection - hats & sunscreen
- Towels, swimmers & dry change of clothes
- Cash for onboard sales
- Full buffet lunch, BBQ, salads, prawns, bread rolls & fruit
- Tea & coffee
- Fresh muffins on the way out
Yes, they supply a face mask, snorkel, fins, and stinger suits (in season).
Child Policy Child snorkel rates apply for children aged 4 to 14 inclusive. Children under the age of 4 travel free of charge. Children must remain under the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times. Full adult rate applies for children partaking in scuba diving. A minimum of 12 years is required for Introductory Diving and 10 years for Certified diving. Written parental consent is required. Under 18 year certified old divers must dive with a parent or guardian (certified diver) or purchase guided diving. Certified Diving Certified divers are required to produce their Certification Cards upon boarding, and sign paperwork stating they are mentally and physically fit to dive. The diving is conducted in buddy pairs, with guided diving with a divemaster available at extra charge. Snorkelling If you are over the age of 60, this places you in a high-risk category as snorkelling is a strenuous activity. Be advised you will be required to utilize personal flotation devices supplied by the tour. Introductory Diving (Discover Scuba) Participants are required to complete a medical questionnaire upon boarding. Some medical conditions and/or medications may preclude your client from diving. Clients unable to dive are charged a snorkel rate only. The tour recommends a minimum of 24 hours from the last dive before flying or ascending to an altitude of 300 metres or greater. Environmental Management Charge A Great Barrier Reef Marine Park levy of $8 per day including GST is charged to all adults and children 4 years and over. The EMC component of the fee is $6.30. The charge is not inclusive of the trip rate, and clients are required to pay this fee upon boarding.
Refund is given if Reef Trip is cancelled by Operator due to weather. No refund is given if guest cancels less than 24 hours prior to departure. There is no charge for passenger cancellations with 24 hours or more notice. A fee of 100% of the net amount will be incurred for passenger cancellations with less than 24 hours notice. Trip Conditions and Cancellations Trips are subject to weather conditions and may be cancelled at the discretion of the tour. Alternative days or refunds will be offered in the event of cancellations by the tour, however, they reserve the right to use other vessels should Reef Goddess be unavailable for any reason.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely