- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 1-day small-group tour along the Great Ocean Road, visiting key attractions including Twelve Apostle & Loch Ard Gorge
- A relaxing rainforest walk in the Great Otway National Park, including park entry fees
- Morning tea & coffee
- Services of a friendly & knowledgable guide to learn more on your journey
- Transport onboard a modern air-conditioned vehicle with free onboard Wi-Fi
- Convenient return transfers from selected Melbourne city accommodation
Great Ocean Road One Day TourDiscover Australia's greatest coastal drive, The Great Ocean Road, including iconic sights like the 12 Apostles & Loch Ard Gorge.
What to Expect
Experience some of the best scenery Victoria has to offer, from stunning coastal vistas to rolling hills and pastures of the hinterland – The Great Ocean Road will have you gasping at every turn.
Join a small-group eco-tour for this spectacular journey, with convenient pick-ups from selected Melbourne accommodation. As your tour travels along Victoria’s Surf Coast, you’ll visit pristine beaches and enjoy unrivalled views which reveal themselves as you follow the coastal road around each bend. Pass through the iconic seaside villages of Torquay and Lorne and gain an insight into the laid back lifestyle the Australian coast has to offer.
Hear memorable stories at Memorial Arch about the engineering feat that ended decades of isolation for regional communities of the Great Ocean Road
Venture off the Great Ocean Road and into the Great Otway National Park to spot wild koalas sleeping or perhaps eating in their eucalyptus homes before continuing to a lunch stop in Apollo Bay (own cost).
After lunch, you'll follow the road through the Otway Ranges and stop to explore the cool temperate rainforest of the Great Otway National Park. Wander amongst the tree ferns and marvel at the towering Mountain Ash trees, the tallest flowering species in the world.
Then, emerging from the Otway Ranges, you'll arrive at the Shipwreck Coast with its indented coastline and amazing array of limestone formations, including, of course, the world-famous 12 Apostles. Stroll the boardwalks here and take in the awesome scenery.
Continue on to the heart of the Shipwreck Coast, the spectacular Loch Ard Gorge, where 52 souls perished and only two teenagers survived the wreck of the Loch Ard in 1878. Visit the beach here to re-live the amazing story of survival before descending to the beach once more at Gibson Steps. Here you will appreciate the sheer scale of the limestone cliffs and the offshore rock stacks.
With drop off right back to your Melbourne accommodation, you’ll remember this day as a true highlight of your Australian adventure.
Where we Visit:
- Great Ocean Road
- Memorial Arch
- Great Otway National Park
- Apollo Bay
- 12 Apostles
- Loch Ard Gorge
- Gibson Steps
Frequently Asked Questions
- Good shoes/ boots for walking
- Appropriate clothing for warm & cold conditions
- Sunscreen, hat & toiletries
- Camera (or just a phone if you prefer)
- Water Bottle
The Operator is committed to small group travel, so the maximum capacity of the touring vehicles is 24 seats. They also operate some smaller vehicles which accommodate 12 guests. All of the vehicles are fully air-conditioned & are fitted with complimentary onboard Wi-Fi.
As the tours are run in 12 to 24 seat Minibuses with no undercarriage storage bins, the Operator is not able to accommodate wheelchairs.
However, in some cases, exceptions can be made so it is best to contact them to enquire about the tour you want to do including the date you would like to do it.
- The Operator retains the right to alter itineraries, fares and vehicles and may cancel tours in unforeseen circumstances
- At times this tour may operate in the reverse direction
- During peak times Parks Vic may close Gibson Steps from time to time due to due safety concerns posed by excessive crowds
- The Operator shall not be liable for any illness, damages, loss or delay that may occur due to factors beyond their control, and strongly recommend all travellers carry travel insurance coverage
- The Operator requires a minimum number of people booked on tours in order to be able to operate. If tours do not meet minimum numbers The Operator reserves the right to cancel that tour departure
- Passenger cancellation/date change of any single day tour, in less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours prior to a departure time will result in a 50% refund of money paid
- Cancellation within 24 hours of tour departure or failure to take up a booked tour will result in a 100% forfeiture of the tour fare
- Please note also that a “cancellation” includes a change to the date of a tour booking that requires the original booking to be cancelled
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely