- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- Discover nature, wildlife, food, and wine on this Kangaroo Island day tour
- Free Flight Birds of Prey Presentation at Raptor Domain
- Two course lunch and guided tour at Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery
- Guided tour and visit at Clifford’s Honey Farm Shop
- Visit stunning Pennington Bay
- Structured wine tasting at False Cape Wines
- Free time in Penneshaw for dinner
- Selected pick-up from Adelaide hotels
- Return travel to Kangaroo Island by coach/ferry
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide
WHAT TO EXPECT
Explore Kangaroo Island on this entertaining food and wine tour! This day tour starts with a visit the incredible Raptor Domain for the Free Flight Birds of Prey Presentation. At the conclusion of the show (if time permits), there may be a photo opportunity to hold an eagle at an additional cost.
The next stop is South Australia's only commercial Eucalyptus Oil Distillery. Here you'll learn about the process of extracting the oil and then enjoy a 2-course lunch followed by an introductory talk about the history of the oil distillery on a guided tour. Kangaroo Island Ciders’ range of Colony Cove products includes Apple Sparkler, Draught Cider, and Original Cider, which are available for tasting (at an additional cost). Here you'll have some free time in the souvenir shop where you will find an assortment of Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, and Emu Oil products.
In the afternoon your guide will take you to Clifford's Honey Farm to sample their range of Ligurian Bee honey and see a working hive. Try to spot the Queen Bee! You'll also enjoy an informative guided tour of the honey room where you will learn about the extraction process, taste a honey soft drink, and have the option to sample the Drunken Drone Brewery’s Honey Wheat Ale. There are different varieties of pure Kangaroo Island Ligurian honey and beauty products to purchase as well as their famous honey ice-cream.
Continue to Pennington Bay, a spectacular beach on the south coast of Kangaroo Island for a photo opportunity. This delightful tour ends with a visit to the new False Cape Wines Cellar Door on the beautiful Dudley Peninsula, where you can soak up the views and enjoy a structured tasting of their premium wines. Your tour ends at the Penneshaw Hotel where you have ample time for dinner (at your own expense) before returning to the Penneshaw Ferry Terminal for your return ferry and coach transfer back to Adelaide.
This tour includes return coach and ferry travel from Adelaide, a full day tour on Kangaroo Island including a two course lunch, all park entry fees, and guided tours. From Adelaide, this tour is a 16 hour day that includes travel to and from Kangaroo Island. You do get time to rest during your ferry transfers and coach travel between attractions.
1 Day Kangaroo Island Sip and See From Adelaide
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
How long does the ferry journey take?
The crossing is approximately 45 minutes each way.
What facilities are available at Penneshaw Terminal?
Penneshaw has access-friendly restrooms, a lift, waiting lounge, Free Wi-Fi and a Kangaroo Island produce and wine store for last minute purchases.
What's the protocol for toddlers and trams on the ferry?
Toddlers and prams are certainly welcome on this tours, however please keep in mind that many of the coach tours have up to 50 people on board and are generally all adults. Some coaches are also non-toilet equipped. In large coaches (50 passengers), prams will need to be stored in the luggage areas underneath the coach and taken out at each stop if required. In small and mid-size coaches/touring vehicles (8-20 passengers) there is no luggage storage area underneath, and unless you are privately chartering the vehicle, the tour would unfortunately not be able to accommodate the carriage of prams.
Do I need photo ID?
No. The tour does not currently ask for photo id, however, this may be required for special offers or concession fares.
What do I do with my luggage if I am not bringing my own vehicle?
The tour offers the service of a 'luggage van' to load your luggage into. The van is parked alongside the Penneshaw Ferry Terminal and you are responsible for placing and collecting your own luggage to/from the luggage van.
- Itinerary subject to change and some of the inclusions may be replaced temporarily without notice, especially on classified catastrophic fire danger days on Kangaroo Island.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking, prior to travelling. Requests once the tour has commenced cannot be catered for.
Cancellation of a booking or part thereof will incur the following fees:
- More than 30 days before departure – Loss of deposit
- Between 7 and 30 days before departure – $50 per person or 50% of total cost whichever is greater
- Less than 7 days before departure – $50 per person or 80% of total cost whichever is greater
- Within 24 hours of departure – 100% of the total cost
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews