- The chance to spot whales in their natural habitat
- Guide with local knowledge
- Expert fauna commentary with an emphasis on whales
- Water level viewing area and extra wide deck for viewing
- Complimentary filtered water, leaf and herbal tea, coffee and milo
- Delicious lunch and morning/afternoon tea
- Kids activity sheets and toddler toys
- Wheelchair ramps, access and toilet
- Courtesy bus pick up in Hervey Bay
Hervey Bay Whale Watching TourEmbark on a morning or afternoon cruise which brings you face to face with beautiful whales!
Why do we love this
We love the amount of time this tour spends watching the whales!
What to Expect
Come and experience the biggest whale show on earth! Get out on the Hervey Bay waves and interact with the whales like never before.
Choose from a morning or afternoon cruise, so you can make the most of your day.
Extended Morning Cruise (5 hours)
Start your day at 8.00 am with pickups from Hervey Bay accommodation. You'll head out on the water earlier than other tours, and will be treated to part of your cruise with no other boats around! Of all the morning cruises, you'll spend the longest on the whales. Plus, you'll still back in time to be able to make use of your afternoon if you want to.
Your 5-hour cruise includes a delicious morning tea, with a fruit platter and cakes, which you can enjoy as the whale watching action begins.
You'll enjoy expert fauna commentary with an emphasis on whales as you travel. Take in these stunning creatures from the water level viewing area or the extra wide decks.
Later, tuck into a buffet lunch of fresh roasted chicken, ham, 3 fresh salads and fresh bread.
You'll head back to Hervey Bay at around 1.00 pm.
Afternoon and Sunset Cruise (4 hours)
This is a great option if you want to optimize your time in Hervey Bay. An afternoon tour enables you to fit in a whale watch cruise on the same day you arrive as you'll be on the last full-service boat to leave in the afternoon.
Soak in the stunning views from the spacious decks and water level viewing platforms while you enjoy complimentary tea, coffee and milo on board.
Enjoy a light lunch (freshly made sub-style sandwiches with a variety of meat and/or salad fillings) and afternoon tea (cheeses, sliced meats and crackers) as you learn about the whales and other marine animals in the area.
After an afternoon of whale watching, enjoy the cruise back to Hervey Bay, complete with a stunning sunset backdrop! This incredible sky is what Hervey Bay is known for.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your camera (charged batteries), comfortable flat shoes, sunscreen, hat, dress for the day so a jacket if you feel the cold, sunglasses, water bottle, purchases can be made at our fully Licenced Bar.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours prior to departure: no refund.
- Cancellations due to what Whalesong deem as terrible weather: full refund of fare if we can't transfer you to another cruise first.
- If we cruise without you because you didn't arrive by departure time, no refund will be given.
Reviews for Hervey Bay Whale Watching Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely