- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Full-day scenic whale-watching cruise along the Hervey Bay coastline & Fraser Island's western beaches
- Witness humpback whales in their natural environment & keep an eye out for other local marine life
- Home-baked morning tea & tasty afternoon tea on the outbound & inbound journey
- Delicious gourmet lunch while enjoying the beautiful waters of the Great Sandy Marine Park
- Experienced crew sharing informative commentary to learn more about humpback whales & the local region
- Convenient return transfers from selected Hervey Bay accommodation
Premium Whale Watching Tour - Hervey BaySee the amazing humpback whales in their natural environment in Australia's premier whale watching destination of Hervey Bay
What to Expect
From late July to late October, the beautiful sheltered waters surrounding Hervey Bay and Fraser Island play host to thousands of humpback whales on their annual migration to the Antarctic. Soak up the natural landscape on an unforgettable day cruise as you get up close and personal with these incredible giants of the sea.
Departing Urangan, join your experienced crew onboard Freedom III for an amazing day out on the water in search of the region's most majestic and inquisitive visitors. The purpose-built vessel is a comfortable 58-foot catamaran (previously owned by world-renowned documentary producer Ben Cropp) with 360-degree whale viewing on all three levels plus a water level viewing area to get you as close to the humpback whales as possible.
Cruise through the calm waters of Hervey Bay enjoying a morning tea of home-baked treats, tea, coffee and hot chocolate en route to Platypus Bay. Formed by Fraser Island and the mainland, this beautiful bay is renowned as the playground for migrating humpback whales. The whales will often put on a show for the crowd with breaches, tail lobs and pectoral slaps for a truly majestic sight.
A delicious tropical lunch is served for you to enjoy in the comfortable seating area or on deck where you can enjoy the beautiful waters of the Great Sandy Marine Park. Be sure to have your camera ready as along with several pods of humpback whales, it's also not uncommon to sight dolphins, turtles and sea birds. On your return journey, enjoy a tasty afternoon tea of fresh fruit and cheese platters while you soak in the fabulous views of Fraser Island's western beaches and beyond.
Our Eco Accredited tours operate in an environmentally friendly way to ensure both the safety of our marine creatures as well as our guests. Also throughout your cruise, you will enjoy expert commentary from your skipper educating and informing you about the unique aspects of whale watching in the renowned region, as well as the unique behaviours of the humpback whales so you can fully appreciate these amazing creatures.
Where We Visit
- Hervey Bay
- Smoking is not permitted on the vessel
- Passengers need a reasonable level of mobility
- The skipper reserves the right to cancel the tour due to inclement weather conditions
- Cancellations made within 3 days of the tour date incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Cancellations made with more than 3 days' notice incur an administration charge of 30% of total booking fee
Reviews for Premium Whale Watching Tour - Hervey Bay
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely