- Get up to $40 cash back per person when you book with us
- A hands-on trial introductory flight lesson onboard a microlight aircraft, with a choice of routes & durations
- The use of a noise-cancelling headset & two-way aviation radios so you can communicate with your pilot
- Photos of your flight experience, taken from a wing-mounted GoPro camera
- Departs from the meeting point at Hangar 28, Exmouth Aerodrome, Exmouth
Exmouth Gulf & Ningaloo Reef Microlight LessonLearn to fly like a bird with an introductory microlight lesson over the stunning landscapes of the Ningaloo Coast and Cape Range.
What to Expect
Experience the Cape Range Canyons before soaring over the vast wildlife of the World heritage Ningaloo Reef on an introductory trial flight onboard a microlight aircraft. Spot an abundance of marine wildlife while getting your first taste of what it feels like to fly like a bird!
A microlight is a one to two-seat fixed-wing aircraft akin to a powered trike with wings. It's a weight-shift controlled aircraft, where the pilot controls speed and direction by moving their weight backwards and forwards and from side to side. The aircraft all feature an open cockpit so you can enjoy the warm wind in your face as you marvel at the sights below.
This experience over the Exmouth Gulf and Ningaloo Coast is a hands-on introductory flight lesson with an HGFA-Certified Flight Instructor. The goal is to teach you about the easiness and fun of this sport. Within 10 minutes, you should be quite comfortable flying the aircraft straight and level and doing gentle turns. Your lesson just happens to take place over the beautiful North West Cape peninsula & Ningaloo Reef.
Choose from three experiences: 30 min Gulf Classic, 60 min Birds Eye View Ningaloo, or 1 hr 30 min NorCape Explorer.
Gulf Classic – this short and sweet flight takes off from the Exmouth Aerodrome, cruising coastal over the protected waters of the Exmouth Gulf and the township. Spot an abundance of marine wildlife while getting your first taste of what it feels like to fly like a bird!
Birds Eye View Ningaloo – this is the ultimate way to see the Ningaloo Reef! Fly over the Cape Range Canyons before soaring over the vast World heritage Ningaloo Reef. It's a great way to spot marine life, including whales, rays, and the famous Whale Sharks.
NorCape Explorer – the most comprehensive option, this flight lasts for 1 hr and 30 min. It crosses the Cape Range Canyons to Turquoise Bay before tracking along the stunning blues and turquoise of the Ningaloo Coastline, looping around the top of the North West Cape. You'll have plenty of time to build your confidence with the controls while keeping watch for turtles, whales, dugongs, whalesharks and more.
At the end of your adventure, you'll get photos of your experience, taken from the wing-mounted GoPro.
Where we Visit:
- Exmouth Gulf
- Ningaloo Reef
- Turquoise Bay
- Shothole Canyon
- Cape Range
- North West Cape
- 30 min Gulf Classic Microlight Lesson
FromAUD $239Check AvailabilityNext available: Tomorrow
- 60 min Birds Eye View Ningaloo Microlight Lesson
FromAUD $369Check AvailabilityNext available: Tomorrow
- 1 hr 30 min NorCape Explorer Microlight Lesson
FromAUD $499Check AvailabilityNext available: 27 Jun 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
No. This is a hands-on introductory flight lesson with an HGFA-Certified Flight Instructor. Our training area happens to be over the beautiful Norcape Peninsula and the Ningaloo Reef Coastline. Our main goal is to teach you about the easiness and fun of this sport. Within 10 minutes you should be quite comfortable flying the aircraft straight and level and doing gentle turns. We want you to come away from your flight with an experience of a lifetime and the feeling of I can do this.
Shorts and a T-shirt are fine. You will be provided a flight suit, gloves and protective helmet. Closed-toe shoes and socks are recommended for warmth. Please no flip flops. Customers who book the early lesson may want to bring a sweatshirt.
Yes, you’ll be equipped with a noise-cancelling headset to wear during the flight. The instructors also have two-way aviation radios to communicate between the aircraft, other aircraft and airport tower personnel.
Loose articles in a high-speed open aircraft can be a big safety hazard with a spinning propellor behind us. We have found that trying to be a photographer while taking your introductory lesson takes away from the experience. We offer photo packages to document your lesson.
We use the latest state-of-the-art aircraft equipped with a backup rocket-propelled parachute system, a GPS emergency location transmitter and a transponder. Each student also wears a flotation device. We have safely shared our love of flying with over 4,600 flights since May 2008.
We commonly hear this. We have found that after a few minutes in the air that fear disappears due to the stability of the aircraft. If you feel uncomfortable we will go back and land.
We currently are operating up to two aircraft making it even more fun to fly with your partner. Each person flies with their own instructor and we take off at the same time and chase each other around the Norcape’s skies as you take your first introductory flight lesson.
- Guests should arrive at Exmouth Aerodrom 30 minutes before the time allocated
- There is a 125kg maximum weight limit for each passenger
- Children must be at least 138cm tall & 9 years old
- The Operator reserves the right to cancel due to weather conditions, availability of aircraft and pilots as well as air traffic control
- Guests must wait 24 hours after scuba diving to take a flight
- The Operator has a 48-hour non-refundable cancellation policy. If you cancel your flight within the 48-hour window, the full amount of the flight(s) booked will be charged if they do not fill your timeslot
- A late-change fee is charged for rescheduling your flight to a different day within the 48-hour window if they do not fill your slot
- If the operator cancels due to weather and you can not reschedule you will receive a full refund minus any credit card merchant fees
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely