- Hand feed freshwater whiprays at Crocosaurus Cove!
- Learn about these freshwater rays with an experienced handler
- Pat their soft exterior & get to know these unique animals!
- A ticket to the Whipray Encounter includes a full day entry to Crocosaurus Cove
Whipray Encounter At Crocosaurus CoveHand feed and pat friendly freshwater whiprays at Crocosaurus Cove!
What to Expect
Crocosaurus Cove is home to the world’s largest display of Australian Reptiles and Australia’s first and only crocodile dive experience, the Cage of Death. The 3 story building has provided the city of Darwin with a unique inner-city wildlife attraction that allows visitors to witness iconic reptiles and mammals of Australia. This ticket provides access to the Crocosaurus Cove Whipray Encounter where you can hand feed and touch these friendly freshwater creatures.
Whiprays are a species of stingray with a distinctively shaped, rounded pectoral fin disc, a projecting snout, and a thin tail without fin folds. Its topside is colored brown and its bottom side is white. It may occasionally travel onto land and can technically breathe out of water for up to 7 minutes. This bottom-dwelling species is an active hunter of small fish and shrimp and typically found in tropical Australian rivers.
A ticket to the Whipray Encounter gives you access to these curious creatures. An experienced handler will show you how to hand feed one of the friendly 2-meter-wide whiprays. Get up close to these inquisitive freshwater rays who are also very keen to get to know you! A maximum of 4 guests per tour ensures this experience is an intimate, personal, and educational experience. The gorgeous whiprays are so much fun to feed and full of personality!
A ticket to the Whipray Encounter includes full-day admission to Crocosaurus Cove. The minimum age to participate in the encounter is 10 years old. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your booking time.
Frequently Asked Questions
10 years old.
- Encounter begins at 3.30pm daily.
- Min 2 pax and Max 4 pax for the session.
- Min age is 10 years.
- All children under 16 years must have parental consent to participate.
- All participants must follow the instructions of the Crocosaurus Cove staff members at all times. Entry to the aquarium is at the participants' own risk.
- Please note that a part of the encounter may include offering food to the Whiprays and touching them. You have the choice to handle the fish food.
- Throughout the year feeding, the response may be affected due to the whiprays natural behaviours.
- It is recommended to wear footwear that can be easily removed and avoid wearing long trousers. Loose items may need to be removed and stored during the encounter.
- There is a good chance you may get splashed!
- 100% cancellation fee applies if cancelled less than 72 hours prior to booking date.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely