- Entry to the Royal Flying Doctor Service Darwin Tourist Facility and Bombing of Darwin
- Entry to the Darwin Aviation Museum (with Aviation Attraction Combo Ticket only)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Take a deep dive into the Top End's aviation history. Enjoy access to the Royal Flying Doctor Service Darwin Tourist Facility, including an exhibition about the Bombing of Darwin. If you're really into your aviation and history, why not upgrade the experience to an Aviation Attraction Combo Ticket, and get entry to the Darwin Aviation Museum as well, for one great price.
Located on Stokes Hill Wharf at Darwin Waterfront, the RFDS Darwin Tourist Precinct is a must-see attraction. It tells the story of the Royal Flying Doctor Service. Using the latest innovations in holographic technology and the life-size hologram cinema experience, John Flynn is portrayed by an actor who tells the story of Flynn's vision and its realisation into the RFDS of today. Experience a decommissioned RFDS Pilatus PC 12 aircraft completely aero medically equipped and learn about the activities of the RFDS's pilots, engineers, doctors, and nurses, and the experiences of the patients that are carried and cared for each day. The precinct is open daily from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Then, the second story featured is the Bombing of Darwin on 19th February 1942. The bombing of the harbour brought destruction to the city of Darwin, and many of the stories have been brought to life through innovative technology. This exciting world-class facility features never seen before cutting edge technology – a hologram cinema experience telling the story of Etheridge Grant, virtual reality and a projection window of the Japanese air attack on the harbour.
If you choose the Aviation Attraction Combo Ticket, then also make your way to the suburb of Winnellie for the Darwin Aviation Museum, a big hit among aviation and history buffs. Here you'll be able to wander around 19 civilian and military aircraft, including a B-25 Mitchell Bomber (one of the few surviving in the world). There's also a replica Spitfire, Mirage, Avon Sabre, a Royal Australian Navy Wessex helicopter that assisted in the clean-up of Darwin after Cyclone Tracy, F-111C, and many more. Other displays include the only known colour footage of the first air-raid in Darwin and information about Amy Johnston, a pioneer in the industry. The museum is open daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Where we visit:
- Royal Flying Doctor Service Darwin Tourist Facility
- Darwin Aviation Museum (with Aviation Attraction Combo Ticket)
- RFDS Darwin Tourist Facility General EntryExperience and learn through the wonder of technology as the Royal Flying Doctor Service Darwin Tourist Facility brings history to life.
From AUD $28Check Availability
- Aviation Attraction Combo TicketExplore the Northern Territory's unique aviation history with the Aviation Combo Ticket.
From AUD $39Check Availability
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
2 Adults + 3 Children:
- The operator is not liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (including any other form of indirect or consequential loss) either in negligence, other tort, breach of contract, breach of warranty or for any other reason or cause whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with participation in this experience
- Entry to the Darwin Aviation Museum is only valid with the Aviation Attraction Combo Ticket
If you wish to return your ticket because you have changed your mind about your purchase, the operator will offer you a refund provided that:
- You return your ticket within 28 days of purchase
- The booking is cancelled prior to arrival
- You produce your original invoice or other adequate proof of purchase
- Refunds will be issued using your original payment method
- Refunds will not be provided for the purchase of gift cards. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash
Read full supplier's terms & conditions