Get up to $25 cash back per person when you book with us
Pick up and drop off from your Darwin accommodation
Professionally guided tour through Kakadu National Park
Guided walk through Ubirr Rock Art Shelters
Guluyambi Cultural Cruise
Freshly prepared lunch, snacks and free water all day
Kakadu National Park Day TourFrom ancient rock art galleries to a guided river cruise, this tour through World Heritage Kakadu National Park has it all
What to Expect
This professionally guided tour will lead you all throughout Kakadu National Park, one of Australia's largest protected areas. The park is known for its ancient rock paintings, some of which is up to 20,000 years old, spectacular landscapes and rock formations. If you would like to hear the stories behind the ancient Aboriginal art in the Northern Territory, this is the tour for you.
Your tour will depart at approximately 5:30am with pickup from your Darwin accommodation. From there, hop into a comfy vehicle and begin your drive to Kakadu National Park (stops, iced water and snacks provided along the way).
Once you've entered the park, your first visit will be to Ubirr Rock, which is where some of the park's indigenous rock art is located. Your knowledgable guide will lead you through the area, explaining the art and the creation stories behind it. Get the chance to walk through the ancient rock art galleries as you make your way up to Nadab lookout. This lookout provides an incredible 360 degree view of the Nadab floodplains - an expansive wetlands area, and onwards to Arnhem Land.
After a break for lunch, you will head to the East Alligator River. Here, you will join the Guluyambi Cultural Cruise, which is a relaxing but interactive way to hear more about the area's history and culture. At one point during the cruise, the boat will stop and you are invited to step out onto Arnhem Land.
About Guluyambi Cultural Cruise:
Take a leisurely cruise to this beautiful pristine wilderness of the World Heritage landscape. You get insights into Aboriginal culture, local mythology, how plantsand animals were used traditionally, as well as bush survival skills by a local Aboriginal guide.
You will disembark on the Arnhem Land side of the river where the guide will display traditional hunting and gathering. This cruise ensures an intimate and personalised cultural experience.
After the cruise returns you to the Kakadu riverbank, your guide will then drive you to your Darwin accommodation.
Note: Your guide will make a stop on the morning of the tour to purchase your park entry tickets if you did not have access to the internet before the tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A refillable water bottle per person
- Insect repellent
- Sun hat
- Comfortable footwear for walking
- Photo/video device
Your park entry ticket is not included in the price. Please purchase this online in advance of your tour - or from a selling agent - payable directly to Parks Australia.
The tour will make a stop on the morning of the tour, to purchase your park entry tickets, for those who have no access to the internet before the tour.
- There are no refunds once travel has commenced or for any unused services.
- Failure to board constitutes no refund.
- Day Tours require a minimum of 1 person per group.
- At certain times of the year, due to weather conditions, the supplier may need to revert to their Wet Season itinerary for the Kakadu Day Tour. This will include visiting the Rock Art Galleries at Nourlangie Rock instead of Ubirr and taking the Yellow Waters Billabong Cruise instead of the Guluyambi Cruise. Wet Season is typically October to March.
- You will be sent a Covid-19 Health and Safety Travel form which must be complete and returned a week before your departure date.
- Standard cancellation policy: A $30 Admin charge will be retained for each Day Tour cancellation.
- No refund will be given if cancelled within 7 days of Tour Departure Date.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely