- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- Arnhem Land entry permits and royalties to enter Aboriginal lands
- Aboriginal guide on Injalak Hill
- Full day tour from Darwin
- Hotel pick up and drop off from Darwin or Jabiru
- Visit to Injalak Arts and Craft Centre
- Visit to Injalak Hill
- Lunch (vegetarians and Coeliacs catered for with at least 24 hours notice)
- Tea and coffee and afternoon snack.
WHERE WE VISIT
- Injalak Hill
Buy as a Gift
Why do we love this
We love that this tour introduces you to Indigenous culture and gives you the chance to see ancient Aboriginal rock art and traditional pandanus basket weaving.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Discover Indigenous culture and delve into stunning Arnhem Land on this one day tour from Darwin.
Accommodation pickups included.
Departs Darwin at 5.15 am.
Stop at Corroboree Park Tavern on route.
Aurora Kakadu, South Alligator at 7.50 am.
All Jabiru Accommodation at 8.30- 8.45 am.
Your journey will take you into Arnhem Land, where you'll discover culture and tradition. Access to this area is restricted to a select group of tour operators, so you'll enjoy an experience not many others have the opportunity to!
You'll experience a fascinating mixture of traditional and living culture with Arnhem Land perhaps the one area in Australia where indigenous culture is still dominant. You'll hear stories of the history, see ancient rock art and get to meet some of the local Aboriginal people.
A traditional Aboriginal guide will show you examples of rock art on Injalak Hill (Long Tom Dreaming), an area which has some of the best rock art examples in Western Arnhem Land.
You'll also trek to the top of Injalak Hill to enjoy a view that is utterly breathtaking. Look out across the floodplains and around the Arnhemland escarpment and take in the serenity. With its stunning scenery of billabongs, birds, escarpment this is truly a place where you can relax. It's a great vantage point to take in the unique untouched haven of the Northern Territory.
Later, you'll farewell your Aboriginal guide back at the Injalak Art and Craft Centre where you'll also have the opportunity to browse or purchase goods from this non-profit Aboriginal organisation. At the award winning Injalak Arts and Crafts Centre (Gunbalanya), there's also time to watch the traditional Aboriginal people painting and to see the women weaving pandanus baskets.
Please note this tour requires a good amount of balance and agility as you will do a hill walk. You will need a reasonable level of fitness.
Arnhemland Day Tour from Darwin
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
What should I bring?
- Sturdy walking shoes or boots
- At least 1 litre of bottled water (iced water is available on the vehicle)
- Sunscreen and a hat is essential
- Light, comfortable clothing
- Medications and other personal requirements
- Money or credit card to purchase art or items at the Injalak Arts and Crafts Centre
- A sense of adventure!
- Due to seasonal variations at certain times of the year some areas are inaccessible - therefore itineraries may differ without notice. If an area is inaccessible then an alternative will be offered.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended to cover any unforeseen circumstances - be they caused by road and weather conditions, mechanical failure, delays or other reasons.
- Top End Day Tours accept no responsibility for the loss or damage to personal articles including luggage.
- Top End Day Tours cannot be held responsible for any personal injury to clients due to action beyond their control.
- Access to Arnhem Land is by invitation by the local Aboriginal people, and the traditional owners may deny access at any time.
- Within 48 hours of the trip departure – 100% of the full price of the total price for the trip.
- No refund is available after departure of a tour has commenced.
Buy as a Gift
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews