- Return transfers from Cape Tribulation accommodation
- Visit two reef sites – Mackay and Undine Reefs
- 2 hours exploring the underwater world and swimming with turtles
- Use of snorkelling equipment and personalised snorkelling instruction
- Reef interpretation and eco presentations
- Marine Park fees
Ocean Safari Great Barrier Reef AdventureTake an exhilarating ride to snorkel the pristine untouched Great Barrier Reef off the Daintree Coast at Cape Tribulation.
What to Expect
This is an exhilarating safari boat ride to snorkel the pristine untouched Great Barrier Reef off the Daintree Coast at Cape Tribulation. This half-day eco-tour visits two different snorkel destinations, each with an extraordinary array of marine life and coral species.
The tour begins at Cape Tribulation beach where you board the ocean safari vessel bound for the tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef. It takes a maximum of 25 passengers allowing you to experience tropical paradise and the pleasure of a small group. The vessel design is based on an original rescue craft and is a rigid inflatable boat driven by 700hp engines.
After a fast 25 minute ride, you are ready to snorkel two fabulous locations at Mackay and Undine Reefs. On most days, the rainforest can be seen along the mainland beach whilst snorkelling the reef. Swim alongside sea turtles, which are found in abundance swimming over reefs full of colourful coral, along with a myriad of tropical fish, eagle rays, giant clams and starfish.
Your experienced skipper and eco host ensure the trip is filled with fun and appreciation of the Great Barrier Reef and the coastal rainforest of the Daintree, two world heritage areas side by side. Magical memories like these sometimes only happen once in a lifetime.
Courtesy pickups from Cape Tribulation accommodation are included and the tour is proud to have Advanced Eco Accreditation.
Where we visit:
- Mackay Reef
- Undine Reef
- Ocean Safari Great Barrier Reef Adventure Morning TourTake an exhilarating ride to snorkel the pristine untouched Great Barrier Reef off the Daintree Coast at Cape Tribulation. This half day eco tour visits two different snorkel destinations.
FromAUD $169Check AvailabilityNext available: 20 Aug 2022
- Ocean Safari Great Barrier Reef Adventure Afternoon TourTake an exhilarating ride to snorkel the pristine untouched Great Barrier Reef off the Daintree Coast at Cape Tribulation. This half day eco tour visits two different snorkel destinations.
FromAUD $169Check AvailabilityNext available: 18 Aug 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
On your ocean safari adventure you should bring:
- A bag including a towel and hat
- A jacket during winter to protect you from wind and for warmth after snorkelling
- Cameras in a waterproof case
- Cash for water, soft drinks, fruit juices and chocolates for sale on board
- A sense of humour is always welcome!
Check-in time for the morning tour begins at 7.40 am. We advise any guests making their own way arrive no later than 8.00 am
Check-in time for the afternoon tour begins at 11.40 am. We advise any guests making their own way arrive no later than 12.00 pm.
Courtesy transfers are available from the local Cape Tribulation area. Any guests travelling from outside the area, including Cairns and Port Douglas, will need to self-drive. Please allow extra time for the Daintree ferry crossing, which must be pre-booked.
Certain times of the year are stinger season (usually between late October – April/May). At this time of the year, we do highly recommend hiring a stinger suit. These will cover around 90% of your body, fins will cover the majority of your feet and your mask will cover some of your face, leaving less than 5% of your body exposed. Wet suits are available for hire during the winter months, which simply provide you with an extra layer of warmth whilst snorkelling. The hiring of stinger suits and wetsuits can be arranged upon check-in.
If you are not a confident swimmer, please make sure that you tell the office team when you check-in as well as the crew onboard the vessel as they will assist you if you wish to snorkel. We also offer life jackets and pool noodles on board for extra buoyancy.
Yes, we provide snorkels, masks, fins and stinger/wet suits are available for hire. You are welcome to bring your own if you have them.
No, please bring your own. Otherwise, we do have them for hire for $8 at reception.
We have a range of prescription masks available for hire for $15. These can be arranged on check-in. Please note we DON’T have these on the boat and must therefore be pre-arranged with reception prior to departure. Prescription masks range from minus 2 – minus 6
You will reach your first snorkelling destination after a fast, exhilarating 25 – 30 minute ride.
You will visit two different snorkel areas, spending approximately one hour at each location.
Muesli bars, chocolate bars, water, soft drinks, beer, wine and cider can be purchased on board.
The Turtle Rock Café is located at our office and breakfast or lunch can be purchased from 7.30 am – 3.00 pm.
We have a no BYO alcohol policy. You can, however, bring along soft drinks and water.
Our vessel does have a toilet on board (only to be used when the boat is stationary) and there are toilet facilities located at our check-in office.
The boats are suitable for most ages from 4 years upwards (weather permitting).
Tours are not suitable for guests with pre-existing back, neck or hip injuries or for women who are pregnant.
Due to the open-style design and speed with which our vessels travel, it is very rare for guests to experience seasickness on board, unlike slower vessels where you experience a slow-rocking motion that can cause seasickness. The most common time for passengers to ever feel nauseous on the water would be when the vessel has stopped. We welcome anyone that is prone or worried about seasickness to take any necessary medication prior to travelling.
You are welcome to bring cameras or phones for the day. Although we do have dry boxes under the seats which are designed to keep your belongings safe, any electrical and personal belongings brought on board are at your own risk. We take no responsibility for items lost or damaged during the day.
Our staff will be using Go-Pros to take photos throughout your day. A link to preview these photos will be emailed to the address that you provided upon check-in 72 hours after travel. These photos will then be available to purchase online. The cost for one photo is $6, or for 10 or more photos, the cost is $3 per photo. If you do not wish to have your photos taken during the day for any reason, please just let our staff know prior to departure.
- Tour itinerary is a guideline only and is subject to change depending on tide, wind and other weather conditions
- Departure times may sometimes be weather and tidal dependant
- The operator cannot be held responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of the clients which are beyond our control
- Tours are not suitable for guests with pre-existing back, neck or hip injuries or who are pregnant
- A signed release will be required from all participants on departure
- Cancellations up to 5 pm the night before departure date receive a 97% refund
- Cancellations after 5 pm night before departure date – no refund
- Beach House
- Black Palm
- Cape Trib Camping
- Farm Stay
- Ferntree Resort
- Beach House
- Black Palm
- Cape Trib Camping
- Farm Stay
- Ferntree Resort
- Own Way
- Rainforest Hideaway
- Safari Lodge
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely