- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Hire a pontoon boat with your family and friends for the day in Cairns!
- Spend time boating around Trinity Inlet and discovering the flora, fauna, and wildlife
- Enjoy shade onboard and easy to see, centre console driving
- Comfortable padded seating throughout the boat so everyone is comfortable onboard
- Bring a picnic to enjoy lunch on the water!
- Fuel is included
- No boating license required!
- Pontoon boats are available for a group of 10 or 8 for 2 hours, half a day, or full day hire
- BBQ, bait, rods, ice, eskys, and crab pots available for hire
- A $2 per passenger Ports North Levy is payable on arrival
- Hire a Skipper for an additional $50 per hour (included in passenger count)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Hire a pontoon boat for a group of 10 or 8 and relax on an all-day (or a few hours) adventure! Enjoy fishing, sightseeing and even crocodile spotting along stunning Trinity Inlet. You can explore the entire area around Admiralty Island or head out for a few hours to fish with expert tips available on great areas for a catch.
The Trinity Inlet is a beautiful estuary situated in Cairns, Queensland, Australia. The city centre is on the western bank where the inlet meets the sea. Hire a pontoon boat to enjoy a tranquil cruise of fishing on the inlet with its backdrop of green hills and mangrove forests fringing the water's edge. This amazing waterway is where locals like to spend time; it’s close to the city and filled with an abundance of wildlife such as pelicans, egrets and eagles feasting on a variety of fish.
The Trinity Inlet is a very popular spot for fishing. It is lined with many creeks and mangroves, sunken vessels, and seagrass. While available fish depend on seasonality, species available for the catch include Trevally, Barramundi, Queenfish, Golden Snapper and Grunter. The Inlet is a very active crocodile environment so we don’t recommend you swim, but it is magical to spot these huge animals basking in the sun on the creek beds.
The Trinity inlet is a huge cyclone shelter region where all the marine vessels head when a cyclone is threatening. There is a huge body of smooth sheltered water in any weather condition. Fishing is great in the rain during the wet season too! Check it out for yourself! Hire a pontoon with a group of mates and get on the water in Cairns!
Meeting point: Berth A1, The Marlin Marina, Cairns
- 8 People Pontoon Hire
From AUD $130Check AvailabilityNext available: Today
- 10 People Pontoon Hire
From AUD $190Check AvailabilityNext available: Today
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Two Hour Hire:
Four Hour Hire (Half Day):
Eight Hour Hire (Full Day):
Can I bring my own tackle and bait?
Yes of course! If you do not have your own gear, the tour has a range of equipment available for hire.
Where do I check in?
Berth A1, The Marlin Marina in Cairns.
Do I need a boat license?
No, the tour has boats suitable for those without a boat licence. If you do not have a boat licence, they will provide you with a suitable boat that does not exceed a speed of 10kts, in order to comply with Marine Law. The tour will give you some information on boat handling and the waterway prior to departure. If you prefer, you can hire a Skippers to accompany you on your cruise at a rate of $50 per hour. This service must be pre-booked and is subject to availability.
Can I take the boat to the reef?
No, outside the Inlet is out of bounds. The tour does not hire boats suitable for heading out to the reef or Green Island region. The boats are allowed anywhere within the very large and diverse Trinity Inlet.
What if the weather is awful and I want to cancel my booking?
If the tour deems the weather to be unsuitable for boating, they will offer you the opportunity to reschedule or receive a refund. This decision will be made on the morning of your departure. You must provide at least 24 hours notice to the tour to cancel a booking or full payment will be due.
What kind of fish can I catch?
A range of fish inhabits the inlet. Depending on the time of year and the weather and tidal conditions, you might expect to find Barramundi, Trevally, Queenfish, Threadfin Salmon, Bream, Estuary Cod, Grunter and large Mud Crabs.
How fast does the boat go?
If you do not have a boat licence, the boats you can drive will not exceed a speed of 10 knots. For licensed drivers, there are more options.
Can I bring food and drinks?
What should I bring?
Hat, sunblock, insect repellent, snacks, drinks, mobile phone. We hire esky’s, ice, crab pots, bait and fishing equipment if you do not have your own. Children under 12 are required to wear a life jacket, the tour supplies these also. Be aware that you will not always be fully shaded from the sun so you may also need other sun protection as well.
- Designated Driver/hirer must be at least 18 years old to drive the hire boat.
- The designated Driver/hirer must stay in the designated area of Operation (as shown on the map issued on check-in) on the Trinity Inlet at all times. At check-in, the designated Driver/hirer will be provided with additional terms and conditions of hire that he/she must comply with and an agreement to sign.
- The designated driver must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or with a blood alcohol content in excess of any statutory limit.
- Charges will apply for the misuse of vessel or damage made to any property by the designated Driver/hirer.
- The designated Driver/hirer agrees to pay for repairs or replacement of any loss howsoever caused.
- The designated Driver/hirer and all passengers agree to indemnify us against any and all claims arising from their participation in the hire, including any and all claims for injury, damage or loss.
- All passengers including the designated driver/hirer acknowledge and agree boating is a dangerous recreational activity and accept the risks associated.
- Swimming off the vessel is not permitted, like crocodiles, stingers and other dangerous marine creatures are present in the waterway.
- Valuables are not recommended to be taken on board. We take no responsibility for any loss or damage of valuables.
- Please bring a fully charged mobile phone and plenty of water along with you. Sunscreen and Aeroguard are also recommended.
- Please note a $2 per passenger Ports North Levy is payable on arrival.
- Cancellation must be received at least 48 hours prior to departure or full payment will be due and no refund will be given. If the tour needs to cancel a booking due to inclement weather, or for any other reason, the booking will be rescheduled. If the booking cannot be rescheduled, a refund will be provided at the discretion of the operator.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions