- Enjoy this historical rail journey to Kuranda
- Visit and shop at the Heritage Markets
- Soar over an iconic rainforest on the Skyrail Cableway
- Return transfers from Cairns
Kuranda, Scenic Rail & Skyrail:
- Hotel Pick-up 7:00am
- Kuranda Scenic Rail 8:50am
- Free time in Kuranda: 3.5hrs approx
- Heritage Markets – Daily
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway 1:45pm
- Transfer to Hotel at 3.15pm
What to Expect
In the morning, a driver will collect you from your hotel, check you into the tour, and issue you with a Kuranda Boarding Pass. This includes a detailed itinerary with timings, as well as your Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail tickets, allowing you to proceed straight to the boarding area. Your day begins with the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail journey to Kuranda. Once aboard, enjoy this historical journey to Kuranda, enjoying breathtaking views across the cane fields of Cairns, to the tropical rainforest of Kuranda.
There are two stops along the way to disembark and explore. Once you arrive in Kuranda, you'll have time to explore this unique village. The Heritage Markets operate 7 days a week and are full of colourful and interesting arts and crafts. While at this stop, you might also like to visit Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, or Kuranda Koala Gardens [at your own expense]. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants to purchase food. You can also use the discounted entry on your Kuranda Boarding Pass for some of the popular attractions!
At the scheduled time, make your way directly to the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway boarding line – there is no need to queue as your tickets are already on your Boarding Pass. Once aboard, be amazed as you journey over and through World Heritage protected Rainforest. Your Boarding Pass is your ticket for this iconic rainforest experience that includes time at both Red Peak and Barron Falls stations, both with spectacular lookouts. Or visit the Rainforest Interpretation Centre. Complimentary guided boardwalk tours are offered throughout the day at Red Peak Station. After arriving at the Smithfield Skyrail, make yourself known to the tour's hostess who will direct you to your coach for the transfer to your accommodation.
- 7.00 am hotel pick-up
- Kuranda Scenic Rail
- 2.5 hours of free time in Kuranda
- Heritage Markets
- 1.45 pm Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- 3.15 pm Return transfer departs
Check out our Gold Class option where you will be spoiled with dedicated hosts, lounge chairs, and quality refreshments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hotel pick up and drop off in Cairns only.
Child rate for 4-14 years old. Children 3 years & under travel free.
Yes, this tour caters for travellers with a range of disabilities. You can find more information HERE
Reviews for Kuranda Skyrail & Scenic Rail - Cairns
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
- This tour accepts no responsibility for passengers or their property failing to be at designated points at designated times or for any loss or damage arising out of such failure.
- The laws of Queensland govern the tour.
- Although the tour endeavours to ensure that all passenger’s belongings are secure throughout the tour and that all belongings are collected on disembarkment, to the extent permitted by law, DUT and its employees shall not be responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property. If you have left an item on our vehicle, we have two easy options to ensure its return: Guests can make their way to our Depot at 26 Redden Street, Portsmith, between the hours of 6 am and 6:30 pm daily to personally collect their item, or if guests are unable to collect the item themselves, they can contact a courier service (we suggest Pack & Send) to collect the item from our premises and deliver to their nominated address.
- The tour reserves the right to change the tour route according to road conditions and may alter or omit advised stopping places.
- Not available from Holloways Beach, Machans Beach and Yorkey’s Knob.
- Children’s ages 4-14 inclusive. Children under the age of 4 travel free of charge unless specified.
- A 25% fee applies for any cancellations on day of travel, or for passengers who fail to appear on day of departure.
- If you cancel your reservation more than 24 hours prior to departure, a refund may be due. If you are eligible for a refund, it will be processed within 3 business days of cancellation. Merchant fees are non-refundable.
- The Kuranda Scenic Rail (KSR) is subject to extreme weather conditions resulting in non-operation. In this instance, return Skyrail will be provided to substitute the KSR portion. You will be advised on the day of alternative arrangements that will be available to you.
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is subject to extreme weather conditions resulting in non-operation. You will be advised on the day of alternative arrangements that will be available to you.
- Cancellation fee applies on all Gold Class bookings amended or cancelled on day of departure.
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- At the Mango Tree Holiday Apartments
- Balboa Apartments
- Beach Villa 2
- Beaches Port Douglas
- By the Sea Port Douglas
- Cairns Beach Resort (pickup from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway - Smithfield)
- Cayman Villas Port Douglas
- Central Plaza Port Douglas
- CHEZ WILLOW
- Club Tropical Resort
- Coconut Grove
- Cool Waters Caravan Park (pickup from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway - Smithfield)
- Coral Beach Lodge
- Coral Sea Villas
- Crystal Cascades Caravan Park (pickup from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway - Smithfield)
- Dougies Backpackers Resort
- Dreamcatcher Apartments
- Driftwood Mantaray Holiday Apartments
- Ellis Beach Oceanfront Bungalows
- Frangipani Beach House (pickup from Gecko)
- Freestyle Resort Port Douglas
- Garrick House
- Glengarry Holiday Park
- Golden Sands (pickup from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway - Smithfield)
- Hibiscus Resort & Spa
- Lazy Lizard Motor Inn
- Le Cher Du Monde Apartments
- Lychee Tree
- Macrossan House Boutique Holiday Apartments
- Mandalay Luxury Apartments
- Mantra Aqueous on Port
- Mantra Heritage Port Douglas
- Mantra in the Village Port Douglas
- Mantra on the Inlet Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Marina Terraces Holiday Apartments
- Martinique on Macrossan
- Mowbray by the Sea
- Nautilus Holiday Apartments
- Nimrod Resort Apartments
- Niramaya Villas + Spa
- Oaks Resort Port Douglas
- Oceansprey- Yorkeys Knob (pickup from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway - Smithfield)
- Pandanus Caravan Park
- Paradise Links Resort
- Paradise Villa B&B Port Douglas (pickup from Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa)
- Parrotfish Backpackers Resort (pickup from Port Douglas Backpackers)
- Peninsula Apartments (pickup from Port Douglas Peninsula Boutique Hotel)
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas
- Pink Flamingo Resort
- Pool Port Douglas, The
- Port Douglas Apartments
- Port Douglas Backpackers
- Port Douglas Bay Villas Resort
- Port Douglas Beachfront Terraces
- Port Douglas Coral Apartments
- PORT DOUGLAS MOTEL
- Port Douglas Outrigger Apartments
- Port Douglas Palm Villas
- Port Douglas Peninsula Boutique Hotel
- Port Douglas Plantation Resort
- Port Douglas Retreat
- Port Douglas Sands Resort
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa
- Ramada Resort Port Douglas
- Reef Club Resort
- Reef Resort Port Douglas
- Reflections of Port Douglas
- Regal Port Douglas
- Saltwater Luxury Apartments
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas (pickup from Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa)
- SEABROOK AVENUE BUS STOP
- Shantara Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas
- SILKARI LAGOONS Port Douglas
- Silky Oaks Lodge (pickup from Wildlife Habitat)
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway - Smithfield
- Spindrift Townhouses
- Sunseeker Holiday Apartments
- Thala Beach Lodge
- The Beach Terraces
- The Boathouse Port Douglas
- The Mediterranean Port Douglas
- The Meridian at Port Douglas
- The Newport on Macrossan
- The Pavillions Boutique Holiday Apartments
- The Port Douglas Queenslander Holiday Apartments
- Ti Tree Resort
- Tjapukai Cultural Park
- Tropic Breeze Caravan Park
- Tropic Sands Holiday Apartments Latitude 16
- Tropical Nites
- Tropical Reef Apartments
- Turtle Cove Resort
- Verandahs Port Douglas Boutique Apartments
- Villa San Michele
- Whispering Palms (pickup from Ramada Resort Port Douglas)
- White House Port Douglas Holiday Apartments
- Wildlife Habitat
- Willow on Garrick
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation