- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us!
- Take advantage of a full 6 hours of reef time and heaps of in-water activities
- Each tour will have 75 guests and a crew-to-guest ratio of 1:7
- Experience an incredible glass bottom boat tour and adventure drift snorkel tour
- Explore two spectacular reef site destinations: Upolu Cay Reef and Wonder Wall
- An experienced crew will provide in-water assistance to guests of all levels
- Enjoy the use of top quality snorkelling gear including buoyancy vests and lycra suits/wetsuits
- Indulge in delicious complimentary food and beverages served throughout the day
Ocean Freedom Snorkel Tour - Outer Great Barrier ReefExperience The Great Barrier Reef aboard a luxury catamaran during this epic swim, snorkel and scuba full-day adventure
What to Expect
One of the Seven Natural Wonders of the world, the Great Barrier Reef encompasses the breathtaking beauty of the world’s largest coral reef. It is home to a vast array of vibrant marine life, as well as over 3,000 individual reef systems and coral cays. Hundreds of picturesque tropical islands are scattered throughout, featuring some of the world’s most beautiful sun-drenched golden beaches. With such stunning natural beauty, it is no surprise that the Great Barrier Reef has become one of the world’s most sought-after travel destinations.
On this tour, you will experience this great natural wonder as you cruise along on a luxury motor catamaran to visit two spectacular reef site locations. Upon arrival at a private Wonder Wall mooring, you will swim, snorkel, and even have the option to scuba dive (additional fee) in this truly tropical haven. The friendly and professional staff will be happy to assist divers of all experience levels, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for every guest. Experience the abundant corals and sea life with a guided adventure drift snorkel tour!
You may also prefer to spend quality time sunbathing on the spacious comfortable deck areas or relaxing in the air-conditioned comfort of the saloon. A delicious lunch including fresh Queensland prawns and Tasmanian smoked salmon will be served as you cruise to the second site, Upolu Cay Reef. There, you can relax and unwind in the crystal clear waters surrounding the Cay and enjoy a snorkel in the shallows where the coral outcrops are just under the surface. You will be delighted with the abundant corals and marine life on a guided adventure drift snorkel tour, as well as a glass-bottom boat trip with the tour's marine naturalist!
On times where conditions and tides are right, the tour can land guests on the cay. Even if this is not the case on your day of travel, you can swim, snorkel and enjoy the shallow turquoise waters every day! Please note, the order of the 2 destinations visited will be determined on the day by the skipper. The tour will work hard to maximise your experience, depending on the conditions.
Snorkel: The friendly and professional crew will assist snorkelers of all abilities, and provide in-water assistance as needed. It is a top priority to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for the whole family. The Supplier will provide top-quality snorkel gear including comfy snorkel jackets, wetsuits or Lycra suits, and masks, all included in the tour price!
Scuba: All certified divers are offered a complimentary guide and the latest diving equipment, including prescription masks if necessary. Intro divers are welcome; no experience necessary! The Supplier specializes in first-time diving, allowing a maximum of only two first-time divers to one instructor, to ensure your experience is truly personal.
Please meet at the Reef Fleet Terminal at 7:15am at the Ocean Free + Ocean Freedom desk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check in at the Reef Fleet Terminal begins at 7:15am and boarding will begin at 7:30am. The tour will depart at 8am and return to Cairns around 4-4:15pm. Bus transfers are an optional extra and must be pre-booked – the bus will pick up from Cairns and as far north as Palm Cove.
Bring your swimmers, a hat, sunglasses, towel, sensible boat shoes, sunscreen and a credit card or cash for optional extras.
Coffee, tea, fresh fruit and Danish pastries will be served on board. There will be a lunch consisting of Queensland prawns, Tasmanian smoked salmon, roast chicken, a mixed meat platter, three fresh salad selections, and assorted bread. Tropical fruit platter, cheese and crackers, and cake will be served on cruise home.
If you’ve never dived and wish to try it, the tour has introductory dives - guaranteed two divers to one instructor (The usual ratio is 4:1). Or if you are a certified diver, you can enjoy the wonders of the reef with our experienced complementary guides.
Yes! You can purchase certified diving and introductory diving (with no experience necessary). You can book 1 or 2 of these dives and all of the equipment, instruction and dive guides are included in the dive prices. You can also purchase underwater camera hire, a selection of alcoholic refreshments and soft drinks, and a range of quality merchandise.
The tour provides guests with 6 hours to dive and snorkel at two amazing locations, with plenty of time to also relax and have lunch. It takes just over an hour to get to the reef and only 10 minutes travel time between the 2 destinations. You return to Cairns around 4-4:15pm.
In order to do an introductory dive, you must be 12 years old. The upper age is only limited by the fitness and medical condition of the individual. All divers, regardless of age, will need to fill out a dive medical on board.
- The tour takes your safety and security seriously. You may be asked to provide photo ID and show the contents of your bag. Some health conditions and certain medications reclude some guests from scuba diving.
- Additional fees: There will be an additional charge of $20 per person to be paid at check-in, comprising $6.50 EMC (environmental management charge), $2.83 Port (levy & berthage), $2.70 RAM (recreational area management fees), and $7.97 Admin. Bus Transfers are an optional extra and must be pre-booked.
- Optional extras: Diving can also be booked on the boat on the day of travelling.
- The Supplier reserves the right to cancel the trip due to poor weather or mechanical problems or to use another vessel or select the sights used. This is a very rare occurrence. Should the trip be cancelled due to poor weather or mechanical breakdown, the tour will refund 100% of the amount charged.
- Passengers are welcome to change or cancel the date of travel without penalty up until 24hrs prior to travel.
- Bookings cancelled or changed after this time will incur a cancellation charge equivalent to the total booking cost.
- This cancellation charge also applies to fail to load bookings as the boat cannot return to the marina once it has left for late arrival.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely