- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 4-hr dolphin cruise onboard the Temptation, a 58-foot sailing catamaran
- The opportunity to view wild dolphins from the 360-degree viewing deck as they frolic around the bow & swimmers
- Departs from the meeting point at Marina Pier, Holdfast Shores Marina, Glenelg
Adelaide Wild Dolphin WatchJump on board the Temptation sailing catamaran for a morning on the water off Glenelg on this exciting dolphin watching cruise.
What to Expect
Sit down, relax and watch wild dolphins play from the front of Temptation enjoying the 360-degree viewing deck. See the dolphins swim along the bow of the boat, only a few feet away from you and your camera.
Temptation is a 58-foot sailing catamaran, which operates only 15 minutes from Adelaide's central business district. The vessel is survey registered to hold 50 passengers and can travel anywhere in the world, making her extremely stable. Plus, It is the first boat in South Australia to be given a dolphin swim license & has been conducting successful wild dolphin swims in Glenelg since 2002.
As you cruise, listen to the knowledgable Marine Biologists educate and explain the interactions with the fantastic Indo-Pacific bottlenose and short-beaked common dolphins.
The gulf in which the tour operates is home to over 1300 residential Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins and 1000-2000 migratory short-beaked common dolphins. During the cruise, the crew guarantees you will see dolphins.
It is important to remember that all of the dolphins seen on the tours are completely wild, and every interaction is different. The crew does not do anything to attract them, and they choose to swim with the boat of their own free will.
Where we Visit:
- Holdfast Bay in the Gulf St Vincent
Frequently Asked Questions
No problem, you have the option of either dolphin swimming or dolphin watching. So you can stay on-board and take photos or watch the dolphins play and frolic around Temptation’s hulls and the swimmers.
This would be devastating to yourself and the Temptation crew as this has never happened before. The Operator has a 100% success rate of seeing dolphins on the dolphin swim and watch cruise. However, they also have a money-back guarantee, if no dolphins are spotted throughout the course of the cruise they will refund you the full cost of the cruise.
You would be silly not to, this is an amazing up-close experience with wild dolphins. Every trip a crew member is taking photos of the dolphins for research and also photos of passengers in and out of the water. The photos taken throughout the cruise will then be put onto a photo USB which can be purchased for $25.00. It's a great way to capture this once in a lifetime experience.
- Cruises may be cancelled last minute due to unforeseen weather conditions
- Staff reserve the right to refuse boarding to anyone that is deemed intoxicated or uncooperative. In this event, all monies will be forfeited
Cancellations must be made (via phone or email) and received by The Operator before the time constraints detailed in the cancellation policy
Bookings of 5 or less passengers
- If cancellations are made less than 24 hrs prior to the scheduled departure date or failure to show there is no refund or reschedule
Bookings of 6 or more passengers
- Cancellations within 7 days of departure date are charged at $50.00 per swimmer and $20.00 per watcher. If cancellations are made less than 48 hrs prior to the scheduled departure date or failure to show there is no refund or reschedule. Missed tours cannot be refunded or rescheduled
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely