- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- A hop-on, hop-off Adelaide Hills & Hahndorf winery tour, with your choice of pick-up from Hahndorf or Adelaide CBD
- A flexible itinerary where you can choose which wineries to visit
- An info-pack so you can plan accordingly & get the most out of your day
- Transport onboard a 21-seat Toyota Coaster, with air-conditioning & tinted windows
- Adelaide CBD pick-ups depart from the meeting point at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, 150 North Terrace, Adelaide
- Hahndforf pick-ups depart from the meeting point at Adelaide Hills Visitor Information Centre 68 Mount Barker Rd, Hahndorf
Hahndorf & Adelaide Hills Hop-on Hop-off TourLet the natural beauty, history, wine & food of the Adelaide Hills captivate you on this full-day hop-on hop-off winery tour.
- Wine tasting fees
- Bookings for tastings & lunch (recommended for most wineries)
- Additional wine purchases
What to Expect
Just 30 minutes up the freeway, Hahndorf and its surroundings feel a world away from the hustle and bustle of Adelaide city. Make your way along this unique trail featuring the very best of the region and be captivated by the rich natural beauty, history, and of course, some of the best food and wine in the country.
The comfortable bus picks you up from the meeting location in the morning, then once in the Adelaide Hills, it follows a recurring timetable circuit that takes 50-60 minutes to complete. The bus stops at all selected venues, following the same timetable every hour until it's time to return to the city in the late afternoon (approx 5:00 pm).
Along the way, you are free to hop on or off at any of the established stops. In a full-day tour, you are likely to see up to 4 wineries of your choosing, at your own pace and independently from the other groups on the bus. This gives you the freedom to tour your way.
Adelaide Hills Wine Region
The character of the hills depends on the time of year you visit – be it the mists of winter, the red and gold leaves of autumn, or the clear, bright sunshine of the warmer months. This trail is all about winding country roads, panoramic vistas of vines and orchards, and more historical sites than you can waggle a wine glass at.
The cooler climes make for some outstanding wines. From Shaw & Smith's 'Australia's Best Shiraz' award at the London International Wine Challenge to the iconic and eminently drinkable Sparkling Rose from Bird in Hand, on this day, you'll have the opportunity to taste a wide range of Australia's best and most memorable wines.
Incredible food is also bountiful. From Hahndorf's plentiful array of authentic German cuisine, pubs and cafes to the fine dining offered at The Lane vineyard or the cheesemongers and chocolate factory at Woodside, the journey makes the most of the region's delectable offerings. Alternatively, bring a picnic and recline on the lawn at Shaw & Smith, overlooking lush views of the lake, hills and vines.
Most wineries now require bookings, and many have implemented paidtastings. You'll need to organize your group's day in advance by booking in to your desired venues before the tour departs, but the info pack will help you decide.
Please note: prices vary between weekend and weekday departures.
Where we Visit:
- The wineries on the circuit include:
- Hahndorf Hill Winery
- Shaw- & Smith Winery
- Nepenthe Wines
- Murdoch Hill
- LOT. 100
- Petaluma Winery
- Barrister Block Winery
- Sidewood Estate
- Hahndorf Township
- Hahndorf & Adelaide Hills Hop-on Hop-off Tour – In-region Pick-up
FromAUD $80Check AvailabilityNext available 10 Dec 2022
- Hahndorf & Adelaide Hills Hop-on Hop-off Tour – Adelaide City Pick-up & Return
FromAUD $90Check AvailabilityNext available 10 Dec 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Hop On Hop Off is a unique tour format where you and your group travel independently from the other groups on the bus.
Essentially the bus follows a recurring timetable circuit comprising of 10-17 venues that it visits every hour. You are free to hop on or off at any of the stops, knowing from the timetable when the driver will be back to collect you and take you to your next stop.
No, the buses are not licensed to drink alcohol onboard, and these tours are not about drinking as much as possible. They're about offering a fun and unique way to taste wine and visit special wineries! The crew take alcohol safety very seriously and have a strict passenger code of conduct based on a legal duty of care to all passengers, which all passengers must read and sign before starting their tour.
If any guest breaches the code by becoming intoxicated or acting disrespectfully or unlawfully, their tour will be stopped, and they may be removed from the vehicle.
The Operator uses Toyota Coasters – a comfortable 21 seat bus equipped with air-conditioning and tinted windows.
The buses follow a strict timetable for a circuit. You can view and download the Info-Packs for your tour here, plus your booking will include a link to download it with your ticket confirmation email. There are also printed copies available on the bus.
Yes, children are welcome onboard, however, please take note of the following:
- Baby Seats / Boosters – Unfortunately there is no way for guests to bring or install car seats, as there are literally no anchor points. Legally the 20-seat buses are defined as 'omnibuses', which are any 'real' buses defined as above 13 seats. As such, like a public transport passenger bus or tram, children under 5 would have to ride on their parents at their own risk, and The Operator is not legally liable for any child passenger under 16 years old.
- Prams, Strollers & Luggage – Unfortunately, there is no storage space for large items such as prams. Also, due to health and safety regulations, the aisles are officially designated as 'Emergency Exits', so unless it is an umbrella pram or item that can fold up and be stored under the guests' own seat, then the Operator cannot accept prams onboard.
- Regarding child fares, children aged five or older are charged at the full seat rate. However, children under five that can ride on their parent's laps may travel free of charge.'
Water, hat, sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes and clothing, rain jacket, insect repellent and camera.
- The bus is not licensed to drink alcohol onboard
- All passengers must read and sign the duty of care agreement prior to embarkation of their tour
- As the tour follows such a tight timetable, it is imperative that passengers are ready and waiting for the bus prior to the stated departure time. It's recommended being at the pick-up location 5 minutes before the stated departure time
- A befouling fee of $100 will apply to passengers who are physically ill onboard
- Minimum bookings are required to operate
- For any cancellations, 48 hours’ prior a full credit/transfer will be given for another preferred tour date
- Regrettably, no refunds or discounts are given for non-attendees or change of mind – transfer to another day may be accepted with prior approval by management if notice is given
Reviews for Hahndorf & Adelaide Hills Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely