- 4 nights accommodation in an Outside Cabin with 2x Single Beds
- Follow in the wake of great Australian pioneers on a 4-night cruise along the outback river highway!
- Relax in one of the two lounges, with spectacular scenery views
- Hang out on the Sun Deck at the top of the vessel
- Breakfast each morning
- Delicious a la carte lunches
- Dining each evening with fellow passengers
- A scenic tender boat ride
- Onboard entertainment + presentations
- Complimentary return transfers - bookings essential
4 Night Outback Heritage Cruise Murray RiverEnjoy spectacular scenery from towering cliffs to expansive farmlands!
What to Expect
This cruise travels north on the great Murray River from the historic port of Mannum to Blanchetown. On this tour, you'll experience the spectacular scenery, from towering cliffs to expansive farmlands. Along the way, you’ll see a variety of Australian wildlife, including kangaroos and about 350 bird species that inhabit the riverlands. Highlights include a wine tasting at a local cellar door, an Aussie barbecue beside the river, a visit to a wildlife shelter, and a guided walk through one of Australia’s aboriginal archaeological sites.
Where we visit:
- Depart historic Mannum
- Cruise through Lock #1 at Blanchetown
- Visit the cellar door at Burk Salter Boutique Winery
- Walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (Gold coin donation at entry)
- See the towering sandstone cliffs at the Big Bend
- Watch the Sunnydale Woolshed Show + go to the Native Wildlife Shelter
- Enjoy a riverside Aussie Barbecue
- Go on a Nocturnal Tour in a comfortable purpose built cart where you may see kangaroos, wombats, foxes, bats, and owls (optional - extra cost)
- Enjoy a Bush Tucker Breakfast (optional - extra cost)
- Explore the Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites with an expert local guide
- Optional Barossa Wine and Heritage Tour at the conclusion of the cruise (optional - extra cost)
Mid-afternoon, the PS Murray Princess departs historic Mannum, the birthplace of the Murray River trade and communication. The tour travels upriver while you enjoy a Welcome Dinner. The tour will cruise under floodlight to overnight mooring at Caurnamont. You may spot nocturnal wildlife on the riverbank. Watch for kangaroos, hairy-nosed wombats, tortoises, egrets, and other species. An onboard entertainer provides music for the night owls.
At daybreak, it's time for the keen photographers to capture the light and the morning movement of wildlife. Prolific birdlife includes pelicans, wrens, and swans. Enjoy a leisurely morning and lunch cruising upriver to Blanchetown through one of 13 locks that maintain the flow and levels of water.
In the afternoon, the tour moors opposite the township of Blanchetown for overnight anchorage. As the last rays of the sun fade, you'll visit Burk Salter Boutique Winery and enjoy wine tasting at the cellar door fitted out with beautiful red gum bars. After dinner, participate in the "Murray River Cup."
After breakfast, the tour will cruise downriver to picturesque Swan Reach. The town was first settled in the 1850s, was originally the largest of five sheep and cattle stations in the area. It is now home to native flower and fruit growers. The original Swan Reach homestead is now the Swan Reach Hotel where you can enjoy an ale or cappuccino overlooking the Murray River (additional cost). Join a walking tour and visit the Swan Reach Museum (gold coin donation at entry).
Cruise downriver after lunch and enjoy the tranquillity of the surrounding environment. When you arrive at Sunnydale, it’s all ashore for the Woolshed Show as the tour recreates typical Australian woolshed history. Later, the tour visits the Native Wildlife Shelter where some of South Australia’s most interesting native animals are cared for. At the end of the day, enjoy a great Aussie Barbecue – cooked and served in a bush setting on the banks of the mighty Murray River.
An optional Nocturnal Tour (additional cost) in a comfortable purpose-built cart is available after dinner — you may see kangaroos, wombats, foxes, bats, and owls by powerful spotlights. Special stops along the way include views of the night sky, which is part of the River Murray International Dark Sky Reserve.
Start the day with an optional Bush Tucker Breakfast (additional cost) or a bush walk with the Captain. The vessel cruises slowly downriver past magnificent cliffs scoured by the river over millions of years. The tour reaches Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve, one of Australia’s most significant archaeological sites, for a step back in time.
A guided boardwalk tour studies ancient rock carvings and learns about Aboriginal history in the area. The tour returns to the vessel to cruise downriver to Younghusband. Along the way, adventure seekers can also take a scenic tender boat ride. At night, join your fellow passengers for a delicious final night dinner and evening entertainment.
The tour departs Younghusband and travels back to Mannum. After breakfast, say farewell to fellow passengers upon arrival at the Mannum Wharf.
- Murray Princess 4 Night Outback Heritage Cruise (Outside Cabin): Single
FromAUD $2698Value AUD $2715SAVE AUD $17Check AvailabilityNext available: 22 Aug 2022
- Murray Princess 4 Night Outback Heritage Cruise (Outside Cabin): Twin Share
FromAUD $2704Value AUD $2715SAVE AUD $11Check AvailabilityNext available: 22 Aug 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
- Lift access from Randell Deck to Sturt Deck
- Paddlewheel Lounge
- Sturt Bar
- Sturt Dining Room
- Sun Deck
- Onboard Souvenir Shop
- Public Amenities
- Mini Gym
Complimentary car parking is available at Mannum and is subject to availability and pre-bookings are essential.
Yes, the crew will deliver your luggage to your cabin after you have checked in.
You will require a Photo ID for each passenger (driver’s license or passport), or some form of acceptable identification and your travel documents.
Access to PS Murray Princess - whilst it is berthed at Mannum - is via Mary Ann Reserve.
- Complimentary coach transfers are available between Adelaide and Mannum (approx 90 minutes travel from Adelaide to Mannum) and are subject to availability – pre-bookings are essential. Adelaide Coach Transfers depart and return from the following CBD locations:
- Adelaide Central Bus Station 85 Franklin Street, Adelaide
- Hilton Adelaide 233 Victoria Square Adelaide
- Majestic Roof Garden Hotel 55 Frome Street, Adelaide
- Crowne Plaza Adelaide
- 27 Frome Street Adelaide
- Stamford Plaza Adelaide 150 North Terrace, Adelaide
- Mercure Grosvenor Hotel Adelaide 125 North Terrace, Adelaide
- Sage Hotel Adelaide 208 South Terrace, Adelaide
- The return arrival time to Adelaide on Monday and Friday is approximately 11 am to 11.30 am and an option to be transferred to Adelaide Airport is available – pre-bookings are essential
There are 60 cabins across three decks and there are 3 categories of accommodation including inside, outside, and staterooms. There are 9 inside cabins, 45 outside cabins, and 6 staterooms, all with private ensuites. All inside and outside cabins have either twin share or double beds (doubles on request only and a surcharge applies) with two of them having a double and a single bed. The staterooms have a queen bed with 2 of the staterooms having an extra single bed.
During the day, sportswear and casual clothing are suggested. Do not wear bathing suits, singlets or brief attire in public rooms and lounges, especially in the dining room. Footwear is always requested in both the dining room and lounges. During the evening, smart casual wear is recommended – an open neck shirt and trousers for gentlemen and a dress, skirt or pants and blouse for the ladies. At the Captain’s Dinner on the final night of the cruise, a jacket and tie would not be out of place for gentlemen and a cocktail dress or pants outfit for the ladies. Be sure to bring a sun visor or hat, sunglasses, and good sunblock/sunscreen. Sandals, low-heeled deck shoes, walking shoes, or sneakers are most suitable on-deck and for onshore excursions.
- Above prices are based on an Outside Cabin with 2 x Single Beds
- Outside Cabins with a double bed are on request and incur a surcharge and subject to availability at time of booking
- Outside Cabins can accommodate an extra person based on 1 double bed and 1 single bed, but availability is limited. Outside Cabin Extra Person prices available on enquiry
- Prices exclude on board charges such as optional tours & services and drinks
- All prices are subject to availability and may not be valid for special event cruises, which are operated throughout the year
- Murray Princess is not suitable for children
- The Passenger Cruise Contract and Special Dietary & Allergy Information Form must be completed within 48 hours of confirming your booking online
- Please refer to the Murray Princess Passenger Cruising Guide for more information
- All guests are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and are required to have a negative Rapid Antigen Self-Test (RAT) taken on the morning of cruise departure. Tests are to be acquired at guests’ own expense for self-testing.
Cancellation of a Murray Princess booking or part thereof will incur the following fees:
- More than 60 days before departure - $50 per person
- Between 30 and 60 days before departure - Loss of deposit
- Between 15 and 30 days before departure - 50% of total cost
- Less than 14 days before departure - 100% of total cost
For cancellations made 15 days or more before departure, the full value (less an administration fee of $50 per person), may be applied to another cruise if completed within 24 months of the original booking. If the re-booked cruise is of a greater value, the difference must be paid upon re-booking. Special payment and cancellation conditions apply for groups of 15 or more and Special Event Cruises, which are available on application.
Refer to Suppliers full terms & conditions:
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely