- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us!
- All taxes included
- Dig into the best flavors of New Orleans!
- From famous local haunts to tasty hidden gems and learn all about the Big Easy while you eat delicious food!
- Taste New Orleans’ rich multicultural history through its mouth-watering cuisine
- Experience the flavors of America’s oldest public market
- Appreciate New Orleans’ clash of cultures with a cup of gumbo, the city’s most controversial dish
- Discover why the local’s favorite French doughnut is also the messiest
- Sample traditional delicacies, only available in Cajun country
Food Tour of New Orleans' French QuarterLearn how New Orleans food, culture and history all go hand-in-hand.
- Additional food and drink, souvenirs, and tips/gratuities for your guide
What to Expect
Dig into the rich and varied flavors that make New Orleans one of the USA’s top foodie destinations! From the most famous local haunts to some delectable hidden gems, you’ll leave with not only a full stomach and a smile, but a greater understanding of how New Orleans food, culture, and history all go hand-in-hand. Your culinary tour of New Orleans starts where it all began — the banks of the Mississippi River. From here, you’ll witness the lifeblood of this region which brought new cultures, new influences, and new ingredients to the USA through its ports.
As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. To wake up your taste buds, you’ll indulge in New Orleans’ most iconic breakfast pastry, the beignet. While it looks hard to pronounce, it’s definitely not hard to love. Just make sure to watch the direction of the wind or else you might find yourself covered in powdered, sugary goodness!
Next, the tour will head to The French Market, the site of America’s oldest public market. Historically a place of diversity with products and people from all walks of life, today The French Market is a modern yet unique culinary space. The tour will stop for a local bite and get to know some of the colorful personalities who call this city home.
From the French Market, you’ll embark on the picturesque streets of the French Quarter where your guide will take you to some of their favorite palate-pleasing spots. You’ll sample both a classic New Orleans dish, as well as a delicacy that you’ve probably never seen outside Cajun country. With an abundance of seafood, a fertile ecosystem within the bayou, and a history of spice trading, you’ll begin to realize why everything here tastes so good!
Do you have an affinity for the spicier side? Then adopt the ‘when-in-Rome’ attitude and unleash some of Louisiana's hottest and tastiest sauces on your taste buds. This is the birthplace of Tabasco, after all! On this tour, you’ll have the chance to try a dish that sparks more controversy amongst chefs than any other in New Orleans: gumbo. Learn how hundreds of years of history have shaped this recipe and how it can vary from restaurant to restaurant.
Finally, the tour will finish off with a sweet treat made from locally grown sugarcane and the region’s abundant pecans. No room for more? Don’t worry, they call it the Big Easy for nothing! You can take your praline to-go and indulge when your sweet tooth kicks in. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more tips on where to eat and what else to do during your stay in New Orleans.
Pickup: Jackson Square (next to Andrew Jackson statue), 700 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70116
Frequently Asked Questions
Departs at 10:30am or 2:00pm from Jackson Square (next to Andrew Jackson statue), 700 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70116.
A central location in the French Quarter near Jackson Square
Comfortable walking shoes, vaccination card, and a government ID.
Please note: food options and portion sizes will vary depending on the season and where you stop that day, but the total amount of food included will be equal to a full meal.
Exclusions: Additional food and drink, souvenirs, tips/gratuities for your guide.
Your Trip: You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour.
Dietary Notes: This tour features visits to establishments that are not always able to cater to vegetarians and other dietary requirements. Your guide can assist you with recommendations on where to purchase alternative diet-friendly food during the tour.
Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many the tour's destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
- Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels, including for the Urban Adventure(s) they have booked.
- Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger facility charges, or international transportation tax.
Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. We start on time, so please allow enough time to be at the start point before your official start time on your voucher. If you know you are going to be late, please contact us on the phone number on your voucher and we'll do our best to help you catch up. If a traveller hasn't arrived on time and without any contact, the tour will consider the traveller to be a "no show" and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
- Pick-up — If a pick-up is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveller should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
- Meeting point — If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
Cancellations by the traveller: Cancellation fees – Cancellation fees may apply to any cancellations by the traveller of a service provided by The Operator. Unless otherwise specified, the cancellation policy is as follows: Cancellations for set tours and made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund; Cancellations for set tours made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued. Cancellations for custom itineraries ("Create Your Own") are as follows:
- 60+ days to departure – Full refund
- 59 - 31 days to departure – 50% cancellation fee
- 30 days and under to departure – 100% cancellation fee
Cancellations by The Operator: They may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, alternatively, receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
In the case of customers travelling on a Multi-City Explorer Pass, if a tour is cancelled by The Operator, the traveller will receive a refund for the cost of that trip only, and only if the total value of tours booked with the pass at the end of the 30-day period is less than the total price paid for the pass. If a tour is cancelled by The Operator and the value of the bookings with the pass are equal to or greater than the value of the pass, the traveller will receive a 25% discount on a future single tour booking.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely