- Wet weather clothing and blankets are available on all our tours.
- We are flexible and able to customise any charter to your specific requirements.
- Drinks are available on all tours for purchase.
- Taste of Taupo Option - Pizza + 1 glass of beer selection, wine selection or non-alcoholic drinks.
- Sunset Heaven Option - Pizza + 2 glasses of beer selection, wine selection or non-alcoholic drinks.
Maori Rock Carvings Sailing Tour - Kindred SpiritExperience the beauty of a scenic sailing tour to the Maori Rock Carvings, one of the most extraordinary contemporary carvings in the world!
What to Expect
Escape the hectic life and enjoy your sailing experience in comfort and style with Kindred Spirit, the largest charter yacht on Lake Taupo. Built in 1976 by Alan Orams in Whangarei, Kindred Spirit features an L. Francis Herreshoff design, a cutter rigged sloop and a full keel, giving the boat less draft and a wider beam. Cruise in superior comfort with a large deck space and a lounge under the main deck seating up to 12 people. We have a fridge and freezer aboard, as well as a high quality sound system. The boat is fully equipped for safety and enjoyment.
Experience the beauty of a scenic sailing tour to the Maori Rock Carvings, one of the most extraordinary contemporary carvings in the world. Listen to our experienced skippers and learn about the history of the lake. Give the crew a hand hoisting the sails and take a turn on the wheel or just snuggle under some blankets and enjoy the wide selection of drinks. Take a dip and swim in the crystal-clear waters of the largest freshwater lake in Australasia (weather dependent).
What To Bring:
- Your camera to capture some of the most breathtaking views around
- Swimsuit and towel, if you want to take a dip in the lake
- Warm clothing
- Soft shoes
- NO hard soled shoes or high heels
- NO wheelchairs or prams
- 10:00 AM - Morning EscapeIt's the same Scenic Experience but for Less, to the Maori Rock Carvings!
FromNZD $39Check Availability
- 1:00 PM- Taste of TaupoBest Experience for your Money with extra time to swim. Free pizza & 1 glass of beer, wine or non alcoholic drinks. Drinks are also available for purchase on board.
FromNZD $49Check Availability
- 6:30 PM - Sunset HeavenBest Experience for your Money with extra time to swim. Free pizza & up to 2 glasses of beer, wine or non alcoholic drinks. Drinks are also available for purchase on board.
FromNZD $59Check Availability
Frequently Asked Questions
You can park anywhere at the boat harbour on Redoubt Street or Ferry Road. There are no time restrictions.
Sail Fearless is both located at Berth 25 of the Taupo Marina, Redoubt Street, and Kindred Spirit is located at Berth #14.
Sailing trips are subject to weather conditions. We will assess the weather and will make a decision one hour before each trip. If it’s unsuitable, we may cancel the trip. You will be refunded if this happens.
Yes, we have toilets and also changing rooms for swimming.
If you can’t make your trip, please let us know well in advance. You can cancel up to 24 hours before your trip. After that there will be no refund. People failing to show up for check in will not be refunded. In some situations, with advance notice and with payment of a transfer fee and potential extra costs (food, price difference, depending on the trip), we might be able to transfer you to another trip. We reserve the right to transfer passengers to the alternative boat should weather, minimum numbers or other circumstances require it.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely