- Get up to $70 cash back when you book with us
- Spend a night in the iconic Milford Sound onboard the Fiordland Navigator
- 3-course dinner and cooked breakfast prepared by the onboard chef
- Option to upgrade your overnight experience to include a guided walk on the Milford Track
- Kayaking and tender boat activities (weather dependent)
- Double, twin, Single cabins available - Quad may be available, please contact us to enquire
Milford Sound Overnight CruiseWake up in splendour and be wowed by nature on this unforgettable overnight cruise through the iconic Milford Sound
What to Expect
Embark on this once in a lifetime experience and spend a night in the iconic Milford Sound.
Stepping aboard the Fiordland Navigator, this 2 Day 1 Night adventure will take you through Milford Sound, a world-renowned natural wonder situated on the west coast of the South Island.
You’ll start by departing from the Milford Sound wharf in the late afternoon before cruising through the heart of Fiordland accompanied by a specialist nature guide. They’ll explain the history and geology of the area and be on hand to answer your questions.
This cruise style is relaxed, allowing plenty of time to view the fiord’s spectacular waterfalls, rainforest, mountains and wildlife – you’re bound to encounter seals and, if you’re lucky, maybe dolphins and penguins too.
The Fiordland Navigator then anchors in a sheltered cove. From here, you can join the guide and explore in the vessel’s tender craft (small boat) or kayaks. If you prefer, you can simply relax on deck and soak in the beauty of this amazing place. If you’re feeling brave there’s always the option of a refreshing swim too. All activities are weather dependent.
As evening falls, you’ll enjoy a delicious carvery buffet in the dining saloon – a feast prepared freshly by the on-site chef. Then it’s time to relax in the company of your fellow travellers, indulge in some star-gazing and story-sharing or simply retire to your private cabin.
The next day, you’ll be able to dig into a hearty breakfast before heading back out to the Tasman Sea (weather permitting) and exploring more of the fiord.
Getting to Milford Sound:
The journey to Milford Sound is just as spectacular as the destination itself, whether you travel by road or by air.
Milford Sound is around 5-6 hours (one-way) from Queenstown and around 3 hours from Te Anau by road.
Check-in is required 20 minutes before departure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Only one carry-on bag is recommended for passenger convenience and for safety reasons.
Don't forget the following:
Non-slip walking shoes/boots
Waterproof jacket *
Warm sweater/fleece jacket
Change of clothes *
Insect repellent *
Cash for bar and snacks
Small bag only
* Essential items if you are doing activities. Activities take place even if it is raining.
There’s a three course buffet dinner including appetisers, soups, salads, hot dishes and a selection of desserts and cheeses (vegetarian options available).
A full buffet breakfast with cooked and continental options is served.
Complimentary tea and coffee are also available.
Yes. There is a licensed bar on board. Due to the remote location, The Supplier can only accept cash.
The Fiordland Navigator sleeps 72 passangers.
- Private cabins with ensuites bathrooms (twin, double or single occupancy)
- Quad share bunk-style compartments (shared bathrooms) Please contact Backpacker Deals & Travello to ask about Quad share
Duvets, sheets and towels provided.
Suitable for all ages, with the exception of infants in quad share. Please contact Backpacker Deals & Travello to ask about child rates
- Prices displayed are for the next available departure. Prices change throughout the season with peak season running between 1 Feb - 31 Mar
Check-in is required 20 minutes before departure
Child rates apply for 2 - 15 years. Children must be accompanied by an adult, including in their room overnight. Please contact Travello & Backpacker Deals to enquire about child rates
Infants (0 - 23 months) carried free if sleeping in a cot, otherwise child rates apply. Cots only in twin cabins. Passengers to provide their own cot, unless by prior arrangement
Children under 5 years must stay in twin-share accommodation, quad share is not suitable.
Quad-share cabins are mixed gender
A Milford Sound Levy is included in the adult price displayed.
Please note: if you are wanting to book one child and one adult into a twin share room you will need to call The Supplier
- No refunds are given if a cancellation is made within 14 days of travel.
- Changes to your travel date may be offered subject to notifying The Supplier at least five days prior to travel. Amendments within five days of travel will result in no refund.
- If a booking is made within 14 days of travel, there is a date amendment period of 24 hours immediately after booking. Please contact The Supplier as soon as possible.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely