- Get up to $35 cash back per person when you book with us
- Departs Franz Josef or Fox Glacier
- 30-minute experience
- 8-10 minute snow landing
- Experience Fox and Franz Josef glaciers from the air
- Exciting snow landing
Why Do We Love This
It's hard to choose between Fox and Franz Josef glaciers, and we love that with this tour, you don't have to!
What to Expect
Fox and Franz Josef glaciers are both must-see spots in New Zealand, and what better way to see them than with an epic helicopter flight?
Usually, you have to choose between the steeper, more dramatic Franz Josef Glacier or the breathtaking and more remote Fox, but this tour makes it easy. A Twin Glacier flight means you don't have to choose! It's the perfect chance to encounter both jaw-dropping glaciers and experience two very different glacial formations from the air.
Spend some time in the air and enjoy a snow landing that takes you face-to-face with the glacier itself!
Franz Josef Glacier provides some of the most stunning ‘ice architecture’ of any Glacier in the world and you'll have the chance to snap some stunning photos of this beauty as you fly. It's now only accessible via helicopter, following a collapse of the terminal face in 2012, so this tour is perfect!
The Fox Glacier is one of the few in the world which exist in close proximity to both an ocean and a rainforest. The unique setting of Fox Glacier and speed of the ice-flow, which is up to 3 metres per day in places, make for some of the most dynamic ice formations of any glacier.
This is a 30-minute experience.
Check-in closes 30 mins before departure. Please ensure you are at the Franz Josef township or Fox Glacier Helicopter Base on time.
Please note you will need to call the base 24 hours prior to departure to confirm booking. Flights are not confirmed until the Glacier Helicopter Base has confirmed they have availability and weather conditions are suitable.
Please note drones are not permitted.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Warm clothing.
- Sturdy covered shoes (snow on your toes is not nice!).
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Your phone/camera.
You can choose to depart from either Franz Josef Glacier or Fox Glacier.
Franz Josef - Franz Josef township Helicopter Base, Main South Road SH6, Franz Josef
Fox - Fox township Helicopter Base, Main South Road SH6, Fox Glacier
- Visit: https://www.totallytourism.co.nz/terms-and-conditons
- Should inclement weather prevent a flight at the booked location, prepaid vouchers will be accepted at any Glacier Helicopter bases for a flight of similar duration and price.
- Customers wanting to make changes to dates or time of departure are required to contact the relevant operating base by 9.00am on the day of departure.
- No refund will be given for no shows or changes made less than 24 hours prior to departure.
Reviews for Twin Glacier Scenic Flight departs Franz Josef or Fox Glacier
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.