- Return scenic flights from Christchurch to Akaroa (approx 45 minutes flight time)
- Time to explore Akaroa
Akaroa Scenic Helicopter TripTake a day trip to remember, heading from Christchurch to the beautiful harbour town of Akaroa, via scenic helicopter flight.
- Transfers to & from the airport
What to Expect
The locals will tell you that no trip to the Christchurch area can be complete without a visit to Akaroa, the jewel in Banks Peninsula’s crown. The helicopter flight from Christchurch follows the spectacular rugged coastline until you head inland to Akaroa harbour and experience a sight that will take your breath away. Lush forests and grassland run down the hillsides to the azure water of the endless bays, fed by the Pacific Ocean itself.
It takes just 15 minutes to fly to Akaroa as opposed to one and a half hours by road, so you won’t waste a second getting to this quaint seaside village. Along the way, your pilot will inform and entertain with commentary, and point out areas of interest.
Early French settlers gave Akaroa its heritage and distinct French feel that is reflected in the names of the streets and local bays. It boasts a number of excellent shops, cafés and restaurants to wander among at your leisure.
There are many wonderful attractions in Akaroa to explore making this the ultimate day trip, one that you don’t want to miss! Discover this beautiful little town yourself, or book one of the many award-winning tours, such as swimming with the dolphins, seeing the penguins, or taking a harbour cruise.
Where we visit:
- Christchurch coastline
- All flights have minimum passenger numbers required for departures
- All departures are subject to change or cancellation if weather conditions are not suitable or if the minimum numbers required for the flight are not met
- Flight times and routes are subject to weather conditions; the flight route may vary due to weather.
- Clients are required to confirm their reservation the day prior to flying
- Individual and total weight restrictions apply to specific aircraft or flights. The pilot will determine the seating of passengers based on the weight and balance restrictions of the helicopter
- No refund will be given for no-shows or changes you make to your booking less than 24 hours prior to departure
- Reservations may be transferred to another date, subject to space availability, with no transfer fee incurred, provided notification is received at least 24 hours
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely