- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- An afternoon tour to Kata Tjuta to take a guided walk through Walpa Gorge
- Transport on board a comfortable air-conditioned coach, with the services of an experienced driver/guide
- Convenient return transfers from selected Ayers Rock Resort accommodation
Kata Tjuta Walpa Gorge TourDiscover the breathtaking beauty of Kata Tjuta on a walk through Walpa Gorge.
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park Pass
What to Expect
Prepare to be awed and inspired by the incredible scenery of the domes of Kata Tjuta and the temple-like majesty of Walpa Gorge.
You'll get picked up from your Ayers Rock Resort accommodation and transported the 45km east of Uluru along the Lasseter Highway to Kata Tjuta. It's one of the two major landmarks in the Uluru–Kata Tjuta National Park, with the other being Uluru itself.
The 36 domes of this incredible landscape cover an area of over 21 square kilometres. Walk between the sheer walls of two of the largest domes that make up Walpa Gorge and experience this unique landscape, with spectacular views as you look out from the gorge over the Outback plain. This site is a must-see in Central Australia.
As you wander, keep an eye out for kanyaḻa or common wallaroo (Osphranter robustus). The gorge is a haven for native wildlife and unique flora, including wildflowers and spearwood trees.
The walk takes around an hour, is graded moderate, is approximately 2.6 kilometres long. After your adventure is complete, you'll be returned to your Ayers Rock Resort accommodation.
Where we Visit:
- Kata Tjuta
- Walpa Gorge
Frequently Asked Questions
- Proof of booking (can include the e-version delivered to your email)
- Water bottle (capacity 1 litres)
- Strong, non-slip walking shoes
- Hat (wide-brimmed is best)
- Casual and comfortable clothing (cool, light clothing is best in summer and warm clothing for winter)
There is a maximum of 20 people on each tour. You will travel in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
The walk at Kata Tjuta is graded moderate, is approximately 2.6km and takes about an hour.
Sturdy shoes are recommended as the walk starts with a rocky track before rising to a small track. Some surfaces may be slippery after wet weather.
- The minimum age is 2 years & all travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- The Operator reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary of a Tour/Transfer/Private Charter and arrange alternative carriers if necessary. We will ensure the service or experience we substitute will be of an equivalent standard for you to enjoy. No refunds will be given in these circumstances
- You will visit places where dangers and challenges will be greater than those present in your daily lives. There may be a higher degree of personal risk due to participation on the tour. You acknowledge and accept that your decision to travel on our tour is made in light of consideration of this and you are aware of the personal risks involved
- Some trips can be physically demanding, and it is important to note that Central Australia experiences extreme weather conditions during summer
The Customer may cancel the Tour/Transfer/Private Charter and will receive the following refund:
- 4 days or more prior to the day of departure: your payment will be refunded less an admin fee of $20
- Within 3 days of the day of departure: reservation is non-refundable
- Ayers Rock Campground
- Desert Gardens Hotel
- Emu Walk (pickup from Desert Gardens)
- Sails In The Desert
- The Lost Camel (pickup from Sails)
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely