- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- A full-day tour spent exploring Uluru & Kata Tjuta, that also transfers you between Uluru & Alice Springs
- Guided Mala Walk, Mutitjulu Waterhole Walk, & Walpa Gorge Walk
- Fruit & snacks throughout the day
- A barbecue dinner with a glass of sparkling wine & sunset views over Uluru
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park entrance fees
- Transport on-board a comfortable air-conditioned coach, with the services of an experienced driver/guide
- Convenient pick-ups from selected Ayers Rock Resort accommodation, with drop-off at selected Alice Springs accommodation
1 Day Uluru Tour – Ayers Rock Resort to Alice SpringsCombine a day spent exploring Uluru & Kata Tjuta with a one-way trip from Ayers Rock Resort to Alice Springs – it's the most scenic way to transit!
What to Expect
If you need to get from Ayers Rock Resort to Alice Springs, why not take the super scenic route, with a full-day tour exploring Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, taking some of the most iconic walks. You'll get picked up from Ayers Rock Resort and dropped off in Alice Springs at the end of the day.
Once you've been picked up in the late morning, the first stop is Kata Tjuta to stretch your legs on the Walpa Gorge Walk. Take in the stunning domes, see the seasonal wildflowers and marvel at the views of the open plains on the return track.
Next, you'll stop at the Aboriginal Cultural Centre, which is made from 90,000 mud bricks and the help of the local Anangu people. It's built on a sacred site and is the ideal place to learn about the local Pitjantjatjara people and buy authentic souvenirs.
In the mid-afternoon, you'll stop at the base of Uluru for a guided Mala Walk. It follows the northwest side of Uluru. Along the way, your guide will share ancient stories of the Anangu People, and you'll be able to see the many incredible examples of Anangu rock art.
Continue around Uluru by coach to the back section for the guided walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole. Again, you'll hear more stories of local traditions, learn how the Anangu people traditionally used the waterhole for hunting, and see caves containing rock art.
As the sun begins descending towards the horizon, join an unforgettable Australian experience with a sunset dinner at Uluru. Take in the breathtaking landscapes and changing colours with a glass of sparkling wine in hand, then dig into a delicious barbecue dinner.
After dinner and the sunset, guests returning to Ayers Rock Resort will be dropped off before the coach continues to Alice Springs, dropping you off at your chosen accommodation. It's a 5hr journey, so feel free to bring a travel pillow for a snooze along the way.
Where we Visit:
- Mala Walk
- Mutitjulu Waterhole Walk
- Walpa Gorge Walk
- Aboriginal Cultural Centre
- Alice Springs
Frequently Asked Questions
The coach departs from Ayers Rock Resort at approx 11:35 am from March to October, or at approx 12:35 pm from November to February.
You’ll return to Alice Springs accommodation at approx 12:00 am from March to October, or at approx 1:00 am from November to February.
We recommend you bring the following on your day tour:
- Proof of booking (can include the e-version delivered to your email)
- Water bottle (at least 1 litre)
- Strong, non-slip walking shoes
- Hat (wide-brimmed is best)
- Casual and comfortable clothing (cool, light clothing is best in summer and warm clothing for winter)
- Cash for purchasing dot paintings directly from local artists at sunset when available
- Travel pillow (for those returning to Alice Springs, as you will be driving after nightfall)
- USB chargers (for those departing from or returning to Alice Springs, there are USB ports on the coach)
There is a maximum of 52 people on the tour bus. You will travel in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
The Operator provides healthy, quality meals on the tours. They are able to cater for one of the following special dietary requests upon request: vegetarian, gluten-free or dairy-free. If you have a food allergy (e.g. peanuts) please advise at the time of booking and carry any necessary medication with you on tour.
- The minimum age is 2 years & all travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- The Operator reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary of a Tour/Transfer/Private Charter and arrange alternative carriers if necessary. We will ensure the service or experience we substitute will be of an equivalent standard for you to enjoy. No refunds will be given in these circumstances
- You will visit places where dangers and challenges will be greater than those present in your daily lives. There may be a higher degree of personal risk due to participation on the tour. You acknowledge and accept that your decision to travel on our tour is made in light of consideration of this and you are aware of the personal risks involved
- Some trips can be physically demanding, and it is important to note that Central Australia experiences extreme weather conditions during summer
The Customer may cancel the Tour/Transfer/Private Charter and will receive the following refund:
- 4 days or more prior to the day of departure: your payment will be refunded less an admin fee of $20
- Within 3 days of the day of departure: reservation is non-refundable
- Ayers Rock Campground
- Desert Gardens Hotel
- Emu Walk (pickup from Desert Gardens)
- Sails In The Desert
- The Lost Camel (pickup from Sails)
Reviews for 1 Day Uluru Tour – Ayers Rock Resort to Alice Springs
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely