- Get up to $30 cash back per person when you book with us
- 50-60 min sunrise hot air balloon flight over the rolling hills of Mudgee
- A delicious post-flight breakfast at Cade Kitchen
- Digital In-flight Photography to remember your incredible adventure
- Pre-flight briefing from the pilot so you know what to expect
- Departs from the meeting point at Cade Kitchen & Bar, 97 Market St, Mudgee
- Please note: These bookings go on request. Once you receive your confirmation of payment, we will confirm within 72 hours or contact you for an alternative
Mudgee Sunrise Hot Air Balloon FlightMarvel at the rolling hills & beautiful valley of Mudgee on this sunrise hot air balloon flight that includes a post-flight breakfast.
What to Expect
Mudgee was made for ballooning! With its rolling hills, surrounding mountains and beautiful valley, conditions are perfectly suited for hot air ballooning. The spectacular Mudgee region is located 3.5 hours north-west of Sydney and 4 hours west of Newcastle. It is an ideal weekend getaway location, boasting an abundance of vineyards and cellars doors, accommodation and attractions.
This Mudgee hot air ballooning adventure begins at sunrise and meets centrally at Cade Kitchen & Bar in the heart of Mudgee. Your pilot and crew will be on hand to welcome you when you arrive at the meeting point at the designated time. Feel free to ask any questions about your flight as you sign in. See how the pilot checks the morning’s local wind conditions and listen while they give you a short flight briefing.
Then, your adventure begins with a short trip to your launch site. This is determined by your pilot and depends on the wind direction in the morning. There are over a dozen launch sites to choose from in the Mudgee region. This is a good opportunity to get to know your pilot and crew and ask any questions you may have.
It only takes around 20-25 minutes for the balloon to be inflated and standing upright, ready for boarding. You are welcome to help with the balloon setup or simply stand back and take photos as your aircraft takes shape and comes to life.
As the sun rises over the beautiful Mudgee region, you will ascend into the sky in your colourful balloon. Your balloon will float gently along with the breeze and in your basket you will feel completely secure with virtually no sensation of movement. During your flight, you may find yourself drifting just above the treetops then, moments later, effortlessly ascending to heights of 2000 feet or more. Make sure you have your camera ready to capture views of Mudgee from a perspective like no other.
Depending on the wind speeds on landing, your balloon may touch down with the basket upright, and the balloon above your heads or, in a light breeze, the balloon basket may drag a short distance, with the basket coming to rest on its side. Both landing types are completely normal and lots of fun.
The Ground Team will be on hand to greet you as your balloon lands. Join in as they deflate the balloon by squishing the air out, or feel free to stand back and take photos of all the fun.
Finally, the excitement continues over a delicious gourmet breakfast at Cade Kitchen & Bar. So relax with your fellow passengers and your pilot as you celebrate one of the most exhilarating mornings of your life. Plus, you'll get to take home complimentary digital in-flight photography to remember this incredible adventure.
Hot air ballooning is an adventure activity, and whilst there are no fixed timelines, your entire experience, including breakfast after the flight, should take approximately 4 hrs.
Where we Visit:
- Cade Kitchen & Bar
Please note: These bookings go on request. Once you receive your confirmation of payment, we will confirm within 72 hours or contact you for an alternative
Frequently Asked Questions
Children need to be aged 7 years or older and accompanied by an adult to fly. They will also need to be at least 120cm tall so they can see over the top of the basket. Please also keep in mind that the burner noise can be a bit frightening to young children.
There is no upper age limit - as long as you are reasonably fit and healthy with no significant knee, hip or back problems, no recent surgeries, broken bones or existing conditions that may make a balloon landing uncomfortable for you, and you are not currently pregnant, then you should be fit to fly. You will be required to climb into the balloon basket using the footholds cut into the side of the basket, stand for one hour and, in the instance of a bumpy landing, absorb a small impact which is similar on your joints to that of jumping off a low chair. You will also need to be able to hold on to the safety handles when the balloon is landing.
At the time of booking, whether online or over the phone, you will be asked to confirm that all members of your party are fit & well with:
- No significant knee problems,
- No significant hip problems,
- No significant back or neck problems,
- No recent surgeries or broken bones,
- No other existing conditions that would preclude them from following the pilot's instructions; Assuming the landing positions with knees bent when instructed to do so, Absorbing a small bump when the ballooning is landing or would prevent them from holding on to the safety handles when the balloon is landing.
- Are able to stand for one hour unassisted,
- Do not weigh more than 140kg individually and children do not weigh more than 50kg individually,
- Are not currently pregnant.
The Operator flies single T and double T partition baskets of all different sizes ranging from 2–24 passengers. These basket layouts provide plenty of personal space as they are purpose-designed to accommodate large and small group sizes in perfect comfort, whilst also allowing all passengers to stand against the side of the basket, ensuring everyone gets a great view.
If your balloon flight is cancelled by The Operator due to unsuitable weather conditions then you are welcome to rebook anytime within the 12 months validity period of your voucher.
The Operator schedules flights all year round from most locations, however, the summer months generally provide the very best weather for ballooning with the majority of the flight proceeding in these months. August and September are traditionally quite windy and the crew will often see a higher proportion of cancellations in these months.
Balloons float with the breeze and will move in the same direction as the airflow. As this airflow usually changes direction with altitude, your pilot can change the height of the balloon in order to steer. Whilst the pilot can make every effort to determine where it will land in advance, it is all dependent on the wind on the morning of the flight.
Clothing suitable for walking or hiking is recommended with enclosed, waterproof shoes. It's also suggested you bring a hat and sunglasses as well as your camera.
The balloon ride itself is usually 50 – 60 minutes in duration. The total time you are with the crew on the morning of your flight is approximately 4 hours. This includes a flight briefing from your pilot, completing some paperwork, travelling to and from the launch and landing sites and the breakfast afterwards.
A weight calculation needs to be performed for your flight as all balloons have a maximum lift capacity. By providing your accurate weight you are ensuring that your balloon is weight loaded correctly.
Balloons are incredibly versatile so on the morning of your flight you might find yourself flying anywhere between treetop height and 2 or 3 thousand feet.
The Operator is not permitted to fly any Passenger who is unable to embark or disembark the balloon basket unassisted. The balloon basket is approximately 1.2 metres high, with two footholds for use when climbing into the basket. Staff will be in attendance to supervise Passengers climbing into the basket but may not assist anyone to enter the basket.
Passengers should have no significant knee, hip or back problems, no recent surgeries, broken bones or existing conditions that may make a balloon landing uncomfortable.
- The Customer acknowledges that hot air ballooning is weather dependent. If The Operator considers, in its sole discretion, that weather conditions are unsuitable or unsafe to proceed, it may cancel a scheduled Flight at any time prior to launch
- The Operator is not permitted to fly any Passenger who is unable to embark or disembark the balloon basket unassisted. The balloon basket is approximately 1.2 metres high, with two footholds for use when climbing into the basket. Staff will be in attendance to supervise Passengers climbing into the basket but may not assist anyone to enter the basket
- The minimum age is 7 years, all children 16 years and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult, & all passengers must be able to see over the side of the basket
- Pregnant women & people recovering from major surgery are not permitted to fly
- The maximum weight is 140kg
- All participants must sign a waiver
In the unfortunate event that you should have to alter or cancel your booking certain fees & conditions apply:
- In the event of a weather cancelation, you will have 12 months to reschedule your flight however Flight tickets are non-refundable under any circumstances including weather cancellation.
If you wish to change your flight:
- NO changes are permitted within the 72 hours prior to your flight
- A $25 per person rebooking fee will be charged for flight date alterations prior to this 72 hour period
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely