- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Hop-on, hop-off bus ticket to spend the day exploring the Mornington Peninsula your way
- Enjoy your own pace & hop on & off any of the stops along the route
- Choose your pick up & return point to suit your itinerary:
- Metro Ticket starts & finishes in either Melbourne CBD or Frankston Train Station
- In Region Ticket starts & finishes at any of the stops on the Orange Route
- Visit an array of outstanding wineries, breweries & distilleries to choose from
- Indulge in great food & amazing scenery
- Plan your day ahead & pre-book with the venues
- Free water available on board to rehydrate between stops
Mornington Peninsula Hop-on Hop-off Bus (Metro or In Region pick up)Create your own tasting adventure through the beautiful Mornington Peninsula
What to Expect
Spend an unforgettable day exploring the picturesque Mornington Peninsula with the ease of a hop-on, hop-off bus. Showcasing the best of the peninsula's amazing food and wine producers, as well as local beer, gin, cider and rum-makers, make your own tasting journey through this scenic wine region at your own pace. Along the Orange Route, there is something to suit everyone's tastes!
Just an hour from Melbourne, salty air, notable wineries and seaside luxury are just some of the drawcards of the Mornington Peninsula. Adventures in the epicurean, the revivifying powers of natural spring waters as well as a damn good glass of Pinot Noir are sought after. Not just about wine, the region is home to the first dedicated Rum Distillery, a cracking craft beer and cider scene, and incredible locally sourced food to discover.
First, choose your start and finish destination, whether you are travelling from Melbourne CBD or Frankston, you will need a Metro Ticket, or if you are already in the Mornington Peninsula, you can choose an In Region Ticket and join the bus at any of the stops on your route. You can then plan your day using the timetable provided and hop on and off at any stops along the way. Take the hassle out of choosing a designated driver and just sit back, relax and enjoy your day. There will be free water available on board the bus to rehydrate as you make your way to your next amazing destination.
This route has everything from small, family-run boutique venues to the well-known players of the Peninsula. If you're looking for some of Victoria’s best wine then why not hop on over to Foxey's Hangout or even enjoy a sculpture or two at Point Leo Estate, there are many wineries for you to choose from. If you're looking for something with a bit more of a kick to it then check out the amazing distillery at JimmyRum - they make one hell of an espresso rumtini! The Orange Route stops at each of the below venues:
- Foxey's Hangout - This family-owned winery makes & sells acclaimed cool-climate wines in the beautiful hills of the peninsula
- Bass & Flinders Distillery - Experience a journey from vine to bottle, gaining an insight into how the family-owned & run distillery makes its fine spirits
- Port Phillip Estate - An architectural landmark & one of the most exciting food and wine destinations in Australia
- Mont Rouge Estate - Their exclusive handmade estate-grown wines showcase the uniqueness of the region. Enjoy a taste in the setting of their French-inspired Cellar Door.
- Jetty Road Brewery - Let them share their passion for craft beer, great food & a love of the Mornington Peninsula with you
- JimmyRum Distillery - Uncomplicated, unpretentious & unruly, they’re putting together rums that are distinctive & downright delicious
- Two Bays Brewing - At Two Bays Brewing, they are creating great modern beer using ancient grains & it's all refreshingly gluten-free
- Mr Little Cider - At Mr Little Cider they select & use only 100% fresh whole local Australian apples for their amazing taste
- Stonier Wines - One of Australia’s leading producers of premium Chardonnay & Pinot Noir crafted from a selection of the Mornington Peninsula’s oldest vines
- Pt Leo Estate - Pt. Leo Estate is indeed a visual feast for all who visit with art, rolling vineyards & ocean views as far as the eye can see
- Montalto Winery - Relax & enjoy a selection of wine varietals, hand-picked by their team, as they guide you through the Montalto range
- Red Hill Estate - This multi-award-winning wine producer is situated on a stunning property boasting one of the best views from any winery in the world
- Red Hill Brewery - Handcrafted beers, hop garden & microbrewery on top of Red Hill
- The Epicurean Red Hill - Warm hospitality mixed with some perfectly prepared Italian dishes & wine is served up at this landmark property
- Red Gum BBQ - Visit their amazing BBQ & beer hall - featuring slow smoked loveliness, Southern delectables & craft beer from around Victoria
- Mock Red Hill Cider - Mock Red Hill, is a well-established, 5th generation, certified Bio-Dynamic apple orchard & processing facility
- Green Olive at Red Hill - They grow olives, grapes, herbs & veggies on their 27-acre farm, rich with volcanic soil & cool climates for producing quality food & wines
- Ten Minutes by Tractor - In their relaxed & intimate cellar door you will experience an in-depth tasting & discover wines that are a true expression of the unique character of their vineyards
- Orange Route - Mornington Peninsula (In Region pick up + return)
FromAUD $70Check AvailabilityNext available 08 Jan 2023
- Orange Route - Mornington Peninsula (Metro pick up + return)
FromAUD $85Check AvailabilityNext available 08 Jan 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
Hop on Hop off is a form of touring where you travel independently from other groups on the bus. The bus follows a set timetable where you, the hopper, decide where to hop on and off. Using the timetable you can plan your day around our hops and hop at your own pace.
Due to Covid-19, a lot of venues have introduced a booking system. Please refer to the timetable and venue guide and plan your day in advance to make sure you don’t miss out.
Unfortunately, our hop on hop off routes are not suitable for children under the age of 18.
Although we don’t have a tour guide as such, we have drivers that are super knowledgeable and will ensure that you have the best experience. They’ll be able to answer your burning questions about where to get the best gin, rum, wine and so on.
Your ticket covers you for all-day transport within as well as to and from the region of your choice. Any tastings, food and other purchases will be at your own cost.
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 18
- The majority of venues have implemented pre-booked & paid tastings. Regardless of your group size, you will need to organise your day in advance & book your visit with each venue. Please do so before your tour
- Times and stops are subject to change, however, we will inform you beforehand should we need to make any adjustments
- Minimum numbers required to run the hop on hop off service. We will contact you 24-48 hours beforehand if we need to cancel & full refunds or reschedules will be offered
- All guests will be required to wear a mask when on the bus
7 days prior to tour start - no refund on ticket purchase; transfer option available for another preferred date
No-shows or change of mind are not eligible for a full refund
All refunds will be processed less any booking fees
Reviews for Mornington Peninsula Hop-on Hop-off Bus (Metro or In Region pick up)
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely