- Get up to $15 cash back when you book with us
- Enjoy 1 hour and 30 minutes of fun with a guide who will lead you on an unforgettable adventure
- Stable, very comfortable two-person kayaks provided
- Basic tuition in safe kayaking to ensure you get the most out of your day
- See an array of wildlife, including dolphins, with plenty of photo opportunities
Secret Dolphin Sanctuary Family Kayak TourFor a memorable day out that the whole family will enjoy, this kayaking tour is unlike any other
What to Expect
This kayaking experience is 1 hour and 30 minutes of fun for families with children while visiting Adelaide.
If you've never kayaked before then this is the best way to give it a try!
Explore sheltered mangrove creeks and search for dolphins throughout your guided tour of this "secret spot"; a secluded dolphin sanctuary located just 30 minutes from the CBD.
With kayaking one of the most environmentally sensitive ways to explore and interact with the dolphins, there's a feel-good factor to this experience, with the tour easily paced to ensure plenty of time for photos.
When the Port River dolphins come to play, the whole family will enjoy a memory you will treasure forever.
Meet at the Garden Island Boat Ramp and Reserve, Lot 204 Garden Island Road, Gillman. This is a public reserve with no operator office at this location. Look for the Adventure Kayaking SA vehicles.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitiser
- Clothing to suit the temperature of the day
- A shady hat and sunscreen
- Shoes/sandals that may get wet (bare feet or thongs are not suitable)
- Insect repellent
- Drink and snack
- A camera. A waterproof container can be supplied.
There are public toilets at the start location of the tour.
- Children must be a minimum of 8 years old
- All Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Children 12 and under will need to be accompanied in a kayak by an adult
- Maximum weight (2-person kayak): As we use sit in kayaks we generally find people 140+kgs can have trouble fitting into the kayaks.
- From Wednesday 1 December 2021, participants aged 16 and older will be required to show evidence that they have been double vaccinated (or are exempt from vaccination by order of the Chief Public Health Officer).
- If on the date of your booking it has been deemed unsafe to operate due to weather you will be contacted as soon as possible. There are some occasions where weather is worse than forecast resulting in last minute cancellations of sessions.
- If a cancellation request is made up to 72 hours prior the scheduled activity/ tour, customers can receive a full refund, gift voucher or change the date of the booking.
- If a cancellation request is made up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled activity/ tour, customers are entitled to a change of date or gift voucher only. No refund will be issued.
- If a cancellation request is made within 24 hours of their scheduled activity/ tour, no refunds, gift vouchers or change of date will be issued.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely