- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 1 hr 30 min Bay Sail taking in views of Alcatraz Island, the city skyline, & the Golden Gate Bridge
- Cruise on board a comfortable, spacious & quiet sailing catamaran with indoor & outdoor viewing
- Access to the fun & exciting deck trampolines
- Narration via handheld listening devices in eight languages
- Soda, beer and wine are available for purchase at the cabin bar
- Departs from the meeting point at Pier 39, Gate J, Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco
Bay Sail on San Francisco BayTake in views of the city skyline, Alcatraz Island, & Golden Gate Bridge on this adventurous catamaran sailing trip around the bay.
- Drink purchases onboard
What to Expect
Experience San Francisco's uncontested urban beauty from a catamaran on the refreshing Pacific waters of San Francisco Bay. Sail away from the busy city and experience San Francisco's excitement from a vantage point on the sea.
The catamarans are complete with a 360-degree, protected viewing area for those who want to enjoy the view but not the breezes. However, for the more adventurous, there are canvas trampoline nets where you can experience the Bay up close and take in the sights in the invigorating open sea air. Just be warned – you might get a bit wet!
The sailing catamarans give a uniquely stable and quiet ride without the noise of engines – you'll be amazed at the speed wind in your sails can give you! They also feature an onboard bar with soda, beer, and wine available for purchase.
The journey will take you by the historic Alcatraz Island and Sausalito and under the awe-inspiring Golden Gate Bridge. Glide past the spectacular San Francisco city skyline and see a colony of grunting sea lions.
The experienced captain will ensure your sail is pleasant, informative, and fun for the whole family! Plus, there's narration available on handheld listening devices in English, German, French, Mandarin, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Korean.
Where we Visit:
- San Francisco Bay
- Golden Gate Bridge
- City skyline
Frequently Asked Questions
Be sure to dress for the forecasted weather, keeping in mind that it can be several degrees cooler on the water. Jeans, a tee-shirt or sweatshirt, tennis or other soft-soled shoes and a jacket are recommended.
Yes, there are bathrooms aboard the catamaran (not ADA accessible). For your convenience, you may want to use the restroom before boarding.
Severe weather in this area of California is rare, and cruises will proceed as scheduled in light rain and other mild weather conditions. Both boats have 360-degree, protected viewing areas! In the rare event that The Operator has to cancel a cruise, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit towards a future event.
On your scenic sail around the San Francisco Bay, you’ll sail by historic Alcatraz Island, get a unique view as you sail under the Golden Gate Bridge, take plenty of photos of the breath-taking San Francisco city skyline and pass by a colony of sea lions or even spot some whales.
Yes, there are life jackets for kids and adults. You are not required to wear one, but the crew has them for the safety of all guests and by request to wear.
If you’re outside on the trampolines, there is a pretty good chance you’ll get wet. If you really don’t want to get wet, you can stay in the cabin. With a 360-degree view, you won’t miss a single thing.
- Guest must check-in with crew members at the gate 30 min prior to departure
- The Operator reserves the right to refuse service to anyone in your party should they appear under the influence of drugs or alcohol; or be deemed unsafe to themselves, other guests or crew members during their tour
- Please act appropriately and be courteous to those around you
- Masks and social distancing rules are applied on the boat per San Francisco guidelines, your captain and crew will have the latest information upon boarding
- While the catamaran generally always sails by Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge, the captain retains the right to adjust the sailing route based on weather conditions and the overall safety of your trip
- During this time of ongoing Covid-19 awareness, The Operator has decreased the normal cancellation policy to 24hrs (or more) notice for a full refund to reduce any stress or uneasy feelings when planning an outing
Reviews for Bay Sail on San Francisco Bay
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely