Embark on a volcano hiking adventure! This tour features the most exploratory volcano adventure on Hawaii's Big Island! Journey over Saddle Road, take a short walk up a cinder cone before dropping down Kaumana Caves in Hilo. Leaving Hilo, you'll trek into Hawaii Volcanoes National Park at Kilauea.
At the summit, the tour will check out a few of the popular spots at Kilauea Caldera including the steam vents at the rim and visitor center. You’ll fuel up with a quick deli-style lunch before discovering the Chain of Craters Road, hike Kilauea Iki, and seeing the sights at Holei Sea Arch. Before the return walk over Saddle Road, you'll take in the splendor of Rainbow Falls and relax after an incredible day at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
This tour provides ultimate amenities along the way (such as hiking sticks, towel service, parkas, umbrellas, beverages) with a true focus on being active, interacting with volcano attractions, and maximizing a full day on tour. This tour will provide the best insight into Hawaii's natural elements in a fun and interactive way.
Hikes you'll embark on:
- Pu’uhuluhulu Cinder Cone at Mauna Kea Access Road – 20 minutes
- Kilauea Iki Trail/Thurston Lava Tube (Hawaii Volcanoes National Park) – 2 hours minimum (1 hour minimum of hiking)
- Devastation Trail (Hawaii Volcanoes National Park) – 30 minutes
Meals: Lunch is included on this tour. Meals are served individually to comply with sanitary standards. Pre-orders are not necessary but please let the tour know if you have any dietary restrictions. Vegetarian and vegan options are available.
Gourmet Snack Basket: Assorted chips, crackers, granola bars, cookies, and fruit snacks.
Lunch: Hawaiian BBQ chicken breast fanned over sesame-grilled vegetables and ginger-herb quinoa. Served with Hawaiian sweet roll and butter, Kona Lava bar brownie.
- Kona Hotels and Resort Pick Up
- Waikoloa and Kohala Hotels and Resort Pick Up
- Pu’uhuluhulu – Cinder Cone Morning Hike and Mid-Morning Snack
- Kaumana Caves Adventure – Descend into an 1881 Mauna Loa Lava Tube
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – Visitor Center, Kilauea Overlook, and Steam Vents. Kilauea Iki Hike
- Chain of Craters Road, Holei Sea Arch, and Thurston Lava Tube (Nahuku) with Deli-Style Lunch Served
- Rainbow Falls – Iconic Hilo Waterfall
- Waikoloa and Kohala Hotels and Resorts
- Kona Hotels and Resorts