- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- All taxes included
- A full day history & nature tour around Kona, visiting various sites of significance, including Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park
- Guided walking tour of Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park
- Kona coffee tastings & a honey tasting at Big Island Bees
- Gourmet local style picnic lunch at Kealakekua Bay lookout
- A professional guide sharing knowledge of the history, cultures, & geology of the island
- Pick up from all resorts & hotels in Keauhou, Kona, Waikoloa, & Kohala, with transport in a luxury & spacious Mercedes van
- Small groups only so you get a higher quality, personalised experience
Where we Visit:
- Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park
- Hulihee Palace
- Mokuaikaua Church
- Big Island Bees
- Kealakekua Bay
- Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park
- A Kona coffee farm
What to Expect
Delve into the fascinating history and vibrant culture of the Big Island of Hawaii. Tour ancient Hawaiian sites along the coast, visit early churches and a royal palace and make stops at a honey farm and coffee orchard to taste some of the island’s locally made treats.
Your tour begins at Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park, where abundant sea life has attracted settlements for centuries. Learn about the fantastic handmade fishponds and seawalls along the beach, and walk along a trail to sacred temples and petroglyphs. You might even spot a sea turtle or monk seal on the salt and pepper sands.
Drive through downtown Kona, passing by the former royal vacation home at Hulihee Palace and Mokuaikaua Church, the oldest Christian church in the Hawaiian Islands. Then, ride along the rugged volcanic coastline to Big Island Bees, which has been producing organic honey since 1972. After a presentation from a beekeeper, get a close-up look at a hive and sample some of their sweet island nectar.
Hear about Captain James Cook’s arrival at Kealakekua Bay (where he also met his end), and enjoy a fresh picnic lunch at the lookout. Then set out for a narrated walking tour at Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park to learn how Hawaiians who had broken an ancient kapu (law) could flee to this seaside location to be absolved by a priest.
Finally, make your way to a Kona coffee farm. Walk through the orchards and learn about the harvesting and milling process, and sample a warm cup of Kona-grown java before head back for the day.
Frequently Asked Questions
We will have a couple of easy hikes over a short distance on this tour. The total hike distance is about a mile.
Yes, there will be free sample tasting at the Kona coffee farm and Big Island Bees
Yes, we can pick up from Kailua-Kona pier and return by 3 pm.
Please wear comfortable summer clothing. Covered walking shoes are recommended.
Yes, they are. However, we don’t recommend our tours for very young children (i.e. < 5yrs old) or those with serious mobility ailments. Our tour vehicles are not equipped with a wheelchair lift, but do have plenty of storage space for a collapsible wheelchair and have low steps making them easy to board.
Our tours will operate in wet weather. Rain is common in certain areas of the island which is why we always provide rain gear for your convenience. We only cancel when the weather makes transportation hazardous and/or there are road closures.
Reviews for Historic Kona and Farm Tour
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
- Minimum numbers are required for the tour to operate
- The itinerary may change, and refunds will not be given for closures and itinerary changes outside of the Operator's control
- The tour runs rain or shine
- Full price will be charged for cancellations and “no shows” unless the Operator receives prior notice as follows: One to five guests – 24 hours; Six or more guests – 48 hours.
- All tours cancelled due to low participation are eligible for a full refund at the time of cancellation. In the event a tour must be cancelled, the Operator is happy to offer different times or dates that will confirm the excursion will take place
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation