- Transportation to Humantay Lake
- Professional local tour guide
- Pachamanca cooking lessons at Soraypampa
- Buffet breakfast, snack, lunch and water
- Entrance to Humantay Lake
- Pre-departure briefing the night before at 6:30 pm
- Second guide for groups of 8+
- Horsemen and emergency horse
- Medical kit
- All taxes
Humantay Lake Day Trip From CuscoExperience the stunning turquoise waters of Humantay Lake on this full-day tour
- Trekking poles (can be rented for additional fee)
- Gratuities (optional)
What to Expect
The Humantay Lake is located at 4,200 meters away from the Salkantay Trek. This stunning turquoise lake is the perfect place to spend a nice relaxing day away from the city of Cusco.
The area is known for its spectacular views of the Humantay glacier, which looms behind it at 5,473 mt/17,956 ft. While at the lake, you will have plenty of time to relax, enjoy a snack, practice yoga or meditate in the tranquillity of this amazing place. This private tour of Humantay Lake includes a lesson in Pachamanca – a traditional way of cooking underground. After enjoying a beautiful day at Humantay Lake, you will be returned to Cusco.
You will be picked up from your Cusco hotel around 4 am to drive towards Humantay Lake. Your first stop will be Soraypampa at around 8 am. While there, you will have a delicious breakfast overlooking the majestic mountain peaks of Salkantay and Humantay. It’s then time for a 2-hour hike uphill to Humantay Lake (4200 mt) located at the base of a mountain with the same name. Prepare for spectacular views from where the crystal clear water reflects the sky. You can also see native birds, flowers, and magnificent mountain tops. Upon arriving at the lake, you will have time to explore the surroundings or just relax and absorb the magic and energy of this paradise.
Before you start descending, your tour guide will perform an ancient ceremony paying tributes to the mountain gods. It will be 1.5 hours downhill to Soraypampa for our buffet lunch. Later, take a private bus back to Cusco, arriving at your hotel around 5 pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE:
- Warm Clothes
- Gloves, hut, scarf
- Sun cream
- Rain gear just in case
- Hiking boots (light, comfortable and broken in)
- A good quality daypack (light, small and comfortable)
- Water storage for at least 2 litres; either a camel bag or water bottle(s)
Below is a list of items that we highly recommend you to take to Humantay lake. Remember you will be carrying all this stuff so make sure is light
- Hat and sunglasses
- Rain gear
- Warm layers (fleece / long-sleeved tops)
- Sun cream, bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Extra snacks, power bars, chocolate
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips (small change is useful for paying to use the villagers’ toilets on the first day)
- Embarking on an adventure such as this may involve risk of illness or injury caused by forces of nature, animals, insects, and flora. By booking your trip, you acknowledge these risks and are applying to participate voluntarily.
- All primary deposits are unfortunately 100% non-refundable. However, the earlier you notify us of a cancellation, the better we can assist you.
- If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
- 8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
- 4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
- 5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
- 36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely